Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Yeah, got my new machine >
  • Yeah, got my new machine

• Yeah, got my new machine

Old 06-24-2011, 07:39 PM

You know, I made a mistake when I wrote that I put my new Brother 1500 at the end of the acrylic folding tables. When I went into the sewing room, I realized that it is on a lower, very sturdy part wood, part steel, heavy table, oblong with one shelf below for storage. It is lower than the acrylic tables and very, very sturdy.

Where did I get it???? Driving down the highway, someone had put a "free" sign on it and it was there for a couple of weeks until I realized I could use that in my sewing room. It is perfect, expecially the zero cost. It cleaned up beautifully. P
    Old 06-24-2011, 07:42 PM

Enjoy
    Old 06-25-2011, 03:03 AM

Congrats! nothing like having a new "toy" to play with. Enjoy!!!!
    Old 06-25-2011, 03:07 AM

I have the 1500 s and it is the best machine that I have. I especially like the quilting stitch quality and the fact that I can alter the foot pressure and height.
    Old 06-25-2011, 03:22 AM

You will LOVE this workhorse of a machine!! I use mine about 4 hours a day and nore on the weekends and have for almost 10 years now.....never had a skipped stitch or into the shop for ''repairs''. Keep her clean and oiled and she will purr for you too!!

When I do free motion, I drop the feed dogs, set the stitch reg. to zero and go mod. fast....NOT petal to the metal....for better control. Have done everything from table runners to a King size monster on this machine and she is NOT on a frame. Just be sure to ''puddle'' up your work and not let it drag off the edge of the table. Love that I can wind bobbins while keeping the machine threaded for regular sewing too!!

jodi
    Old 06-25-2011, 03:45 AM

Can I ask a question about the 1500S for those of you who own one - how would you rate the noisyness (is that a word?!) of this machine compared to others? Is it pretty loud when sewing at top speed?
    Old 06-25-2011, 03:49 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Dooneygone
    After months of research of the machine with a wider throat that would fit my tight budget, I narrowed it down to the Juki 98 and the Brother 1500 s.

Because they were both wonderful machines boasing 1500 stitches per minute, with self-threaders, auto cutters and needle down. They were sooo similar, if not identical, I decided on the Brother 1500 s because of the lower pricing.

I am so pleased with it so far. It is fast, smooth, quiet and most of all the throat is 9" wide and 6.5" high. I bought it through Amazon for $599 and it was delivered 3 days after ordering.

Happy Me....Pauline
    I have this machine and love it.Very easy to maintain and clean and is so fast...love the features!
    Old 06-25-2011, 03:59 AM

I have had the 1500 for years, it was the 2nd machine I purchased for quilting. As for the noise, it is loud on only 2 pieces of fabric (piecing binding), when it goes to fast. Otherwise I don't find it loud at all. I orginally put it on the B-line frame (stand up) then upgraded to the HQ16.

Congradulations on your purchase!! You are going to love using it for many years.

Originally Posted by DonnaC
    Can I ask a question about the 1500S for those of you who own one - how would you rate the noisyness (is that a word?!) of this machine compared to others? Is it pretty loud when sewing at top speed?
    Old 06-25-2011, 04:10 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by brushandthimble
    I have had the 1500 for years, it was the 2nd machine I purchased for quilting. As for the noise, it is loud on only 2 pieces of fabric (piecing binding), when it goes to fast. Otherwise I don't find it loud at all. I orginally put it on the B-line frame (stand up) then upgraded to the HQ16.

Congradulations on your purchase!! You are going to love using it for many years.

Originally Posted by DonnaC

Mine is not loud,it HUMS,,and it is sturdy,weighs 35 pounds,,made with lots of metal..does that help?
    Old 06-25-2011, 04:35 AM

I have both machines, and you made the right choice - I like them both, but the Brother is a real work horse. I know you will like it for both piecing and quilting :-)