Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • CT's Essential Thread Sale >
  • CT's Essential Thread Sale

• CT's Essential Thread Sale

Old 08-03-2011, 02:51 PM

I bought a boatload of their thread today, too. It is linty but my machine doesn't mind, I just have to clean the bobbin case more often. I haven't had it break nor do I find it bumpy. I love the colors! Wish they had the blendables.....
    Old 08-03-2011, 03:29 PM

I wish they had blendables too.

Mary
    Old 08-03-2011, 05:31 PM

I do agree that Connecting Threads is linty thread, and if that is a concern for you it may not be the best choice. I don't mind it though, it's not that terribly bad. I really like it. I have a family of five and stay at home so we are on a limited income and for the price and selection I haven't found anything that can compare. I really don't think it's any better or worse than say, Coats & Clark cotton thread. It's not the highest of quality, but it's also not bad at all in my opinion.
    Old 08-03-2011, 05:44 PM

Will checking out the sale. I want to add more colors to my supply. I like their thread and their fabrics.
    Old 08-03-2011, 05:49 PM

I love this thread for piecing!
    Old 08-03-2011, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
    I find it to be very linty...and my Elna does not like it at all. I can use Signature threads though! Go figure.
    I prefer Aurifil and YLI or Gutterman silk finish
    That's interesting, because my Elna 6004 has no problem with it. I do have to clean out the bobbin case every once in a while, but I seem to have to do that no matter what brand of thread that I buy.

I just ordered 20 more colors (and a few other things)!
    Old 08-03-2011, 06:20 PM

I use coats and clark and connecting threads thread, my machines like them. I bought 1 spool of 10$ Aurifil thread and my Kenmore chewed it up and spit it out (it didnt like it lol)

I say to each their own. Use what your machine likes with the price of CT thread its cheap enough to try it, unlike that 10$ one that is still sitting there lol
    Old 08-03-2011, 06:22 PM

I use CT thread all the time and I have never noticed it being linty. And a question. How do we honestly know if it is the thread that is linty or the fabric? Other then color I suppose. I think most of the lint I get comes off the fabric. I could be wrong, but it seems like that happens when I use the expensive thread too.

Well, anyway, I stocked up and bought a lot of thread this past month. I just love all the pretty new unwrapped spools on the thread rack. Kind of silly, but it makes me feel all stocked up and ready to go.
    Old 08-03-2011, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Katia
    I use CT thread all the time and I have never noticed it being linty. And a question. How do we honestly know if it is the thread that is linty or the fabric? Other then color I suppose. I think most of the lint I get comes off the fabric. I could be wrong, but it seems like that happens when I use the expensive thread too.

Well, anyway, I stocked up and bought a lot of thread this past month. I just love all the pretty new unwrapped spools on the thread rack. Kind of silly, but it makes me feel all stocked up and ready to go.
    The reason I know it is the thread is that when I sewed with Coats and Clarks, there was hardly any lint in the bobbin case. Still I like CT Thread better than C&C. It works for me, the quilts are holding up well, and besides that, I'm retired and don't have money for expensive thread.
    Old 08-04-2011, 02:55 AM

Been using CT thread for about seven yrs. now and just love it and so does my machine.