An unwelcome Visitor

Old 09-17-2011, 07:31 PM

My goodness - we live in a scary time, don't we - not being able to feel safe in our own homes. Just wondering - has any ever had a home invasion or know anyone who was involved in one???.......its time to practice my shooting..........??
Old 09-17-2011, 07:43 PM

You did the right thing by calling the police. I too would have reported it. You can never be to careful.
Old 09-18-2011, 01:50 AM

REDNECK HOME SECURITY SYSTEM:

1. Buy a pair of size 12-14 work boots.
2. Put them on front porch with a copy of Guns & Ammo.
3. Put some giant dog dishes next to boots & magazines.
4. Leave note on your door: "Bubba: Me & Bertha went for more ammo & beer. Back soon. Don't mess with the pit bulls; they messed the mailman up bad this morning. I don't think Killer took part; hard to tell from all the blood. I locked all four of 'em in the house. Better wait outside. Be right back. Cooter
Old 09-18-2011, 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by sew_southern
REDNECK HOME SECURITY SYSTEM:

1. Buy a pair of size 12-14 work boots.
2. Put them on front porch with a copy of Guns & Ammo.
3. Put some giant dog dishes next to boots & magazines.
4. Leave note on your door: "Bubba: Me & Bertha went for more ammo & beer. Back soon. Don't mess with the pit bulls; they messed the mailman up bad this morning. I don't think Killer took part; hard to tell from all the blood. I locked all four of 'em in the house. Better wait outside. Be right back. Cooter
OMG! Too freaking funny! Love it!
Old 09-18-2011, 02:10 AM

lol..now that sounds like something my BIL would do!
Old 09-18-2011, 04:16 AM

We have had the "selling magazine" scam in several areas here in NC in the past few months. The best I recall what they are doing is trying to get you to order magazines and pay for them but you never get magazines. So luckily they aren't usually out to "break in or hurt you" just to scam you out of money still a bad thing. Glad you didn't order.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:16 AM

Well we have been robbed and there is absolutely nothing worse. We had dogs too!! We just could not figure out why they did not do what they normally do when strangers come to the house. First off, the robbers took food from the refrigerator and fed them!!!!! Of course now they are the best of friends. Sigh. They did not get alot, but did a heck of alot of damage. My husband arrived home while they were there! First they had broken in thru the sliding glass doors in the back. They had taken a crow bar and wedged the permanent side loose so they could remove the stick we had down there, as a secondary lock. They had super glued all the locks to the house, so we could not use our keys, and had disconnected our garage door opener. My husband crawled thru the doggie door and found our bedroom a total wreck. He grabbed his gun, and went back outside, and called the police. The police got there and would not let him back in the house, while they searched for them, since they had left their car in front of our house. They thought they might still be in the house, possibly in the attic. They were gone, but ... not without getting some things, like my wedding rings, my pearl earrings, and misc other items. The saddest part of all, was they destroyed my hubby's truck trying to steal it. The insurance company ended up totalling the truck. We were lucky no one was hurt, and the odd thing is we asked about the dogs not doing what they do normally. The policeman told us, your dogs will protect you, if you are not here, they will usually just ignore anything else. We since have had an alarm system installed. Gives me a bit more comfort I guess but I still worry about leaving. And I never leave home without my rings on!! or my pearl earrings... Although the insurance company gave us a very nice settlement to replace the items, sadly they were my husbands mothers rings, and had alot of sentimental value to me. That cannot be replaced.

Its been at least 5-6 yrs ago that this happened and I still worry every time I leave this house.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:31 AM

the salesman sound like he was connected with this -

http://www.travelingsalescrews.info/...MAGAZINES.html

you see these ads in the papers at times, looking for (gullible) young people and promising a great job with travel. They wind up doing this, selling magazine subscriptions door-to-door.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:58 AM

Our TV. station just reported this scam in our area warning people not to buy.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:18 AM

I believe in the right to own guns. I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.