Misses sizes in stores

Old 04-18-2012, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Pam B
I think you will find plenty of Misses sizes in your Kohl's store. It is those of us who are Women's sizes who generally have trouble finding things. I get so tired of the Women's things looking like something my grandmother would have worn. I just don't get why we can't get the same cute things like in the Misses sizes only with a little more fabric to fit Women's sizes?
Try checking out Coldwater Creek. I've found a lot of Women's sizes with style at their site. Not so much in the stores but online has a good selection.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:50 AM

I'm a short petite and have problems finding things off the shelf and rack that fit me. Most of the styles are not anything that suits my taste (very conservative). I don't like plugging necklines or the sleeveless tops. It seems that I can do better at the local Goodwill stores! Besides the outrageous prices drive me away from the mall stores. Sometimes I sew for myself, but mostly for my DGD's.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:41 AM

I am an Avenue girl myself - they are starting to sell their tops longer - love it. I even pay extra attention to their clearance rack for work sweaters - inexpensive and I can try different colors.

Last edited by butterflies5518; 04-18-2012 at 08:44 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:19 PM

I have gotten misses from Kohl's here in Vegas
Old 04-18-2012, 12:28 PM

Try here--http://www.bcoutlet.com...... Roamans and Women within are all of the same group so their sizing is alike theirs. This is the bargain outlet site. I have to alter everything anyway I might as well shop the sales. I am fluffy too and petite in length so I have to hem up the petites even.( my husband teases me cause my inseam is only 25 ) I can never find dresses wirh sleeves in the store but can here. I just hem them up and sometime make a belt out of the hem. When I was youger used to headbands out of them. or depending on the material some flowers for plant sticks.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:53 PM

Here is a good site too, I like the outlet tab at top. they don't always have all the sizes but I check often and do pretty good. http://www.onestopplus.com/Plus-Size...x?DeptId=11543
Old 04-18-2012, 03:23 PM

I'm a plus-sized gal and dress shopping is just terrible these days. The dress fabrics hjave all been beaten to death by the ugly stick both in style and colors/fabric selection available. Thankfully, I have a couple of older dresses for dressy occasions and some good pants and tops for lesser dress occasions. What is wrong with nice llooking clothes in colors that real people want to wear no matter what your size is.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:45 PM

My daughter is a fluffy chickie (28 years old) and we both agree that most of the women's sizes are frumpy. My complaint as a petite size 16 (yup, fluffy, too!) is WHY do they make pleated pants? Unless you are an absolute toothpick, no one, but no one looks good in pleated pants! Daughter's favorite place to shop is Lane Bryant. They are expensive, but when they have sales, they have terrific sales. She often will get t-shirt tops for under $10 (and they are cute), jeans for $15 (their new sizing is awesome) and bras buy 2, get 2 free. They also do a catalogue and online. Check them out...their clothes are more "hip" than Kohls or the other department stores.

My other gripe (besides pleated pants) is how come a petite is now based on a 5'5" woman? Last I checked 5'5" was average. I have to cut off what seems like half my pant legs to get the length correct. Boot cut? Not after they're hemmed - they're now straight legs. Fancy trims like zippers at the hem...nope, won't work for me since you usually can't shorten these. Cuffs? Hahaha...keep dreaming. Oh well, at least I have a lot of denim scraps for quilts.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by Nanamoms
Yes, they try to confuse us!! The Misses are still there...thank goodness. I don't know many people who CAN wear the Juniors...except my young granddaughters!! LOL
This is a total brag time for me. I have a sister who wears a size 6, still has her original red hair and is going to be 72 in December. And I fight to stay in a 14! She looks absolutely gorgeous. Never wears slacks - only dresses and skirts with viintage jewelry and belts and looks like a million bucks!!!!! And, she buys her clothes a dollar stores, recycle clothing shops, garage sales and consignment shops!!!!! Way to go, Sis!!!! Edie
Old 04-19-2012, 05:51 AM
Power Poster

I hate buying clothes, no matter what size I am, now kinda fluffy. I like certain things, pants, slacks, pants, just simple, when the stores change styles, I try them and end up giving them to Goodwill.