Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Patchwork Hot Pads by Rhonda >
  • Patchwork Hot Pads by Rhonda

• Patchwork Hot Pads by Rhonda

Old 04-09-2009, 05:57 PM

Rhonda, You're amazing! You do such beautiful work!!!
    Old 04-09-2009, 06:05 PM
    Power Poster

It's all about making the "Blocks" Everything I make is made with the 'blocks" It makes it so much easier to piece. The little pieces just happen when you join the "blocks" together.

These hot pads are all! made with "Blocks" there are no curves or small piecing involved. Where you see curves that is an optical illusion.

Old 04-09-2009, 06:37 PM

:D Just lovely! You do very nice work. Can we see the bookmarks too? And what is Kalona?

judee
    Old 04-09-2009, 06:59 PM

Your hot pads are beautiful. Too pretty to use and get dirty!!!!
    Old 04-09-2009, 07:06 PM
    Power Poster

I sell my stuff to Yoder's Antiques and Gift shop in Kalona Iowa so Kalona is just my shortcut - sorry talking and not thinking again!

Yes I can put the bookmarks on I also have checkbook covers and eyeglass cases and billfolds coinpurses and totes and mini quilts that are 5" x 8" and keychains and magnets....... I just didn't want to put too much on at a time. Didn't want to flood you with too many pictures at a time. I have several files of pictures from ever since I got my computer 3 years ago. Before that it is all on 35 mm pictures.

I take an order up to Kalona at least every three weeks and sometimes every two weeks so there is a lot of stuff. Just don't want anyone to think I am overbearing with too much info.

All these pictures are things I have taken to Kalona over the last two years. I do have alot more.

FYI my avatar is a large tote I sold last year to Yoders in Kalona
    Old 04-10-2009, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
    I sell my stuff to Yoder's Antiques and Gift shop in Kalona Iowa so Kalona is just my shortcut - sorry talking and not thinking again!

Yes I can put the bookmarks on I also have checkbook covers and eyeglass cases and billfolds coinpurses and totes and mini quilts that are 5" x 8" and keychains and magnets....... I just didn't want to put too much on at a time. Didn't want to flood you with too many pictures at a time. I have several files of pictures from ever since I got my computer 3 years ago. Before that it is all on 35 mm pictures.

I take an order up to Kalona at least every three weeks and sometimes every two weeks so there is a lot of stuff. Just don't want anyone to think I am overbearing with too much info.

All these pictures are things I have taken to Kalona over the last two years. I do have alot more.

OH! I don't think you would be overbearing with too much info! We love INFO! And PICTURES!! (or I do, and I think most of us do!) You do wonderful work! Now, I want to go visit Kalona just to get in that store! :D
    Old 04-10-2009, 05:25 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by ButtercreamCakeArtist
    Originally Posted by Rhonda

OH! I don't think you would be overbearing with too much info! We love INFO! And PICTURES!! (or I do, and I think most of us do!) You do wonderful work! Now, I want to go visit Kalona just to get in that store! :D

Joette(theowner) had plans to go online but I don't think she ever really did much besides post a little on Ebay
    Old 04-10-2009, 06:14 AM
    Banned

ooooooooooooooo pretty
    Old 04-14-2009, 04:36 PM

What do you sell them for?$$
    Old 04-14-2009, 04:39 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jeannie
    What do you sell them for?$$
    Generally $7 I know they are worth more but they aren't worth anything if I make them and they don't sell! So I price them to what I would want to pay.