Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Took the plunge today, Bought a Bernina >
  • Took the plunge today, Bought a Bernina

• Took the plunge today, Bought a Bernina

Old 07-15-2013, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
    Congratulations on Delayne. I can't imagine how you managed to bend a foot! LOL, you are one serious sewer. I am thankful I never caught the embroidery bug, but my bug is equally expensive (Longarm!!) My Bernina is the 153 Quilters edition. Not near as many bells and whistles and I only use a fraction of what it can do! Can't wait to see you post pictures of your creations.
    The Bernina Dealer could understand how the machine could bend a foot-because it has so much power. What they couldn't understant is why it stiched where it did.

On the learning curve. Today I was able to repeat last Saturday's embroidery class, by myself. I could find my way around the screens. I even was able to change to a different pattern and stitch it. Yeh!
    The first two pictures are luggage tags, front and back. The last picture is a quilting pattern, stitched on the embroidery unit. [ATTACH=CONFIG]424183[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]424184[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]424186[/ATTACH]I'm thrilled with what I was able to do today.
    Attached Thumbnails luggage-tags-happy-faces.jpg   luggage-tags-writing.jpg   embroidery-quilting-design.jpg  
    Old 08-03-2013, 06:34 PM

This past week, spent 3 days at the dealer working on quilting the churn dash blocks of a quilt. Learned to support the quilt because the drag was too much for the embroidery unit to move properly, It had a warning light and stopped. Glad I was at the store because they were able to tell me right away what was wrong. Then as I was supporting the quilt, the quilt folded over the area of stitching and the machine wammed into the fold/foot. Broken needle and another bent foot. They were able to bend it back. Got a good lesson on making sure I got all the broken needle pieces. Then I learned how to set up each block with the embroidery template. Enlarged the stitch out and turned it 45% in the computer to have it set on each block the way I wanted. Used the back up window to reset the machine to continue stitching where the mishap with the drag and broken needle occured.

I like this learning curve. Hit a problem and get an answer within minutes. Then get professional help to get going again.

I'm liking this machine. And the dealer. They've been stellar.
    Old 08-03-2013, 07:49 PM

My 820 is named Big Momma. I love my machine, take the mastery classes if available. I have taken one so far, and feel much more confident already.
    Old 08-04-2013, 04:30 AM

NAME HER DELAYne, written just that way!! How wonderful for you to get such a great machine and be in a position to really learn all about her! Keep us posted.
    Old 08-04-2013, 04:38 AM

I have had my 830 Bernina for the past 4 years and LOVE,LOVE,LOVE it best machine I have ever had .
    Cathy