Cast iron griddle by Lodge

Old 07-17-2013, 01:26 PM

I have one of those griddles, love it! I use 2 burners and heat it on medium high, I gave a gas stove. It's ready when you put a couple of drops of water on the hot griddle and it dances. I don't use any soap to clean it when I'm done, just hot water after its cooled completely and then wipe an oily paper towel over it.
Sharon
Old 07-17-2013, 01:42 PM

I have to go along with this, I love my electric grill/griddle, I can put 6 pancakes and some eggs on there very nicely. We use it every time we cook breakfast. It doesn't have to be seasoned. Plus I had to give up on the cast iron now that I have trouble lifting them.

Originally Posted by sewnsewsue View Post
I don't find that they heated evenly on the stove. I bought an electric grill that is maybe 2 foot long and 15 inches wide. The pancakes come out perfect,a s well as bacon, grilled cheese,French toast. Easy to clean and the best part is that I get to eat with everyone, as I am making 8 big pancakes at a time and almost a whole pound of bacon. I only paid $15 to $20 dollars and I couldn't be happier.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:55 PM

your prolblem may be that your burner does not cook even. I use lodge cast iron all the time.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:36 PM

Preheat your griddle until a couple of drops of water bounce all over the place when dropped on it. Turn your cakes when the bubbles pop and leave holes in it. Then cook on the other side until the cake feels soft to the touch in the center. If it feels crisp, it is still doughy inside. Hope this helps
Old 07-18-2013, 05:19 AM
Power Poster

I don't cook breakfast so problem solved. LOL. My cast iron skillets are very seasoned, slick as teflon, and still some foods stick to them them. I use them mostly for baking breads and casseroles.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:19 PM

Are you using it on a gas or electric stove? I use mine on a gas stove, covers 2 burners. Now i do have to watch which burners(I have one 'super" burner for fast high heat)i use but if i keep the flame the same on my reg. burners it works fine. If you are trying to use it on electic butners maybe your burners aren't heating evenly. They may have hot spots. do you notice areas on your normal pans the seem to scorch or stick? I've had and used mine for years-it was great when i had a large family to cook for. We did pancakes, grilled sandwiches, all kinds of tings on it