Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Recipes
  • Jalapeno Pepper Jelly >
  • Jalapeno Pepper Jelly

• Jalapeno Pepper Jelly

Old 10-16-2013, 03:54 PM

I chopped my qt of cherries in the blender..1.5 cups....then jalapeños, .75 cup, .25 cup vinegar, 1.5 cups sugar (cherries were already sweetened Bings), 1 pkg SureJell dry pectin.
    absolutely to die for. Had the jelly on peanut butter & crackers. Couldn't eat just one!!
    Old 10-17-2013, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by mermaid
    I chopped my qt of cherries in the blender..1.5 cups....then jalapeños, .75 cup, .25 cup vinegar, 1.5 cups sugar (cherries were already sweetened Bings), 1 pkg SureJell dry pectin.
    absolutely to die for. Had the jelly on peanut butter & crackers. Couldn't eat just one!!
    Would not have thought to put it with peanut butter - will have to try that one too. It's great with cream cheese and crackers also. Can't hardly stop with just a few of that combo. The cherries and jalapenos is also very different and might try that one too. And you used only 1.5 cups of sugar. My recipe called for 6 cups - maybe I'll try to cut back on the sugar next time I make the jalapeno jelly
    Old 10-18-2013, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by Jackie R
    Would not have thought to put it with peanut butter - will have to try that one too. It's great with cream cheese and crackers also. Can't hardly stop with just a few of that combo. The cherries and jalapenos is also very different and might try that one too. And you used only 1.5 cups of sugar. My recipe called for 6 cups - maybe I'll try to cut back on the sugar next time I make the jalapeno jelly
    Yes, very much less on the sugar as I had canned the cherries with enough sugar that they'd be ready for pie-and they were sweet Bings to begin with, didn't want to end up with taffy for jelly...yet worried if enough. Jelled up perfectly..just enough tartness, hot, and sweet. I'm curious about puréed peaches for a hot jelly.