Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Pink Atlas--can you identify ? >

Pink Atlas--can you identify ?

Pink Atlas--can you identify ?

Old 06-01-2014, 06:05 PM

Isn't Atlas made by Brother? I believe so, if my memory is correct.

~ C
Old 06-01-2014, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
There's always the conflict between the going rate on the price of a machine and the true value. Unfortunately it's a pretty huge difference when it comes to vintage sewing machines.

Being a nice shade of pink and in what appears to be good condition it's worth a little more to me than average machines of the same vintage. (snip)
Rodney
This, and some others, are excellent points.

I am not usually a big spender, but honestly, that machine is gorgeous. And zigzag fancy. And well-kept. Probably not much to do to it in terms of maintenance. And in a solid wood cabinet. If you are in the market for a machine, go for it. Will you remember the $ a few years down the road? Probably not.

Also, I don't mean to sound flippant (tone is hard sometimes on posts/email) but how cheaply do you want it to be priced? There comes a point sometimes where sometimes I think we just want it cheap for sport. But yeah, considering its "new" price, Miriam and others have really good points.

Good luck, whatever you decide!
Old 06-05-2014, 06:49 AM

Thanks for the input, everyone. Value is in the eyes of the beholder isn't it ? If MINO (Money Is No Object), I'd dicker down to $100 and be done with it. Somehow, there does not seem to be a correlation between loving vintage machines and wealth . Unlike the government, we don't get to buy things without real cash, so unless the bottom drops out of the price, I'll have to wait.

My remark about educating the seller is in response to every one and his brother posting SMs on CL for ridiculous prices, like $400 for a 15-91 or a 66 in a beat up cabinet--and many of these postings are on for months. Probably 90% of the CL listings for vintage machines are crazy prices. So, I try to do my part in helping sellers know these are not valuable antiques while helping to keep these machines out of the landfill.

Happy hunting to all of you and I'll keep you updated if I can get to make the sale.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bonniemac View Post
My remark about educating the seller is in response to every one and his brother posting SMs on CL for ridiculous prices, like $400 for a 15-91 or a 66 in a beat up cabinet--and many of these postings are on for months.
you should check out the "For Giggles" section is it mostly dedicated to CL clever monkeys....