Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
lost books >

lost books

lost books

Old 06-01-2014, 03:46 PM

I feel your pain
I pulled a tarot card for you, 4 of Swords.
Take a respite. They are right in front of you, but your stress is making you blind to them. Rest. Relax. Breathe.

For myself when this happens I immediately jump straight to alzheimer's
Attached Thumbnails legend-arthurian-tarot-4-swords.jpg  
Old 06-01-2014, 03:56 PM

Oh, my, I cannot name all the stuff I have lost...most of it I eventually find. What is most frustrating to me is to be sitting and doing hand sewing, and to lose my thimble, scissors, etc when I have not moved from the spot!
Old 06-01-2014, 05:05 PM
ro
Banned

i agree w/kalamaquilts. i told you they were right there. take a deep breath. give up looking. you'll find them.
Old 06-01-2014, 05:36 PM

Oh, it's awful when that type of thing happens. Here's hoping you find them soon!
Old 06-01-2014, 07:27 PM

Replace them. Once you do your old ones will reappear. I have doubles of several things because of this phenomenon.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:08 AM

We've all done that......when I first started quilting, I bought a pattern, cut out the fabric per instructions, bagged and tagged everything. Then we started moving from Wisconsin back to Alabama, and then my DH had a heart attack. Long story, but after a year, we finally got to finish the move. Anyway, that pattern and fabric were in the first boxed things we moved back to Ala., and I finally found them just about 5 yrs. to the day after we brought them back and stored them here. Now to find the directions........they're here somewhere.......
Old 06-02-2014, 02:17 AM

Could you have put the books with the fabric for the projects you wanted to do? Also look in piles of magazines - the quilt books like to hide!
Old 06-02-2014, 02:32 AM

I still haven't found them, and I am laughing at all the responses.. I am no used to losing things. I am putting the search on hold, as I went to a tag sale at a fabric hoarders home, and hit a jackpot.. I went in the a.m., but didn't stay long, as I had the dog in the car. It was still cool, and it was parked under a tree with the roof open.. He was okay.. I stuffed a tote bag, and paid $10.. Went back near the end, and decided to go upstairs to see what else the lady had.. OMG.. The upstairs was full of plastic boxes stuffed.. I ended up buying a huge box, and was very selective. I tried to buy fabric that wasn't dated. I bought a ton of dots, and larges pieces with yardage. Since I don't have to buy fabric ever again, I might as well think of buying new books.. The total for the day was $70.. I have about 400 yards.. Before that, I have to call my sister in law, and ask if I brought them over there to read, and forgot them..
Old 06-02-2014, 03:42 AM

The surest way to find a lost item is to buy a replacement.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:57 AM

I'm sorry! I know how you feel, I have done this more than once. One time I found the book in the UFO bag with the rest of the project I had started using the book. Another time I found it in a small stack I had taken upstairs to look at while in the tub, lol. I have often thought I need a system to catalog my books as I have WAY too many to keep track of, but that project has not gotten to the top of the list... yet. I hope you find your book!