Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Help Needed from the experts on this board.  You all are amazing. >
  • Help Needed from the experts on this board. You all are amazing.

• Help Needed from the experts on this board. You all are amazing.

Old 03-11-2015, 06:29 PM

This is what I see. Using a nine patch shape, put the wonky star pieces in the center, put the half square triangles on each corner with the dark pink on the inside, sew two rectangles to,each other long ways, and put them on each side of the center with the dark pink on the inside again. You would end up with a fancy nine patch, churn dash, and snowball all in one. You could use the extra light pink for sashing, or use the floral for sashing, which would make the (stars, churndash, nine patches) "float" on the quilt....let me know if you want more ideas.....ll
    Old 03-11-2015, 06:50 PM

I had to laugh at MargeD explanations of her UFO's! I too have way too many projects all organized in plastic containers from Costco. I figure I will need UFO's to work on in the next milleninum!
    Old 03-12-2015, 02:21 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by madamekelly
    This is what I see. Using a nine patch shape, put the wonky star pieces in the center, put the half square triangles on each corner with the dark pink on the inside, sew two rectangles to,each other long ways, and put them on each side of the center with the dark pink on the inside again. You would end up with a fancy nine patch, churn dash, and snowball all in one. You could use the extra light pink for sashing, or use the floral for sashing, which would make the (stars, churndash, nine patches) "float" on the quilt....let me know if you want more ideas.....ll
    WOW If I understand it, your first thought sounds amazing. I am sending you a PM Thanks so much.
    Old 03-12-2015, 04:42 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jingle
    Sorry to be different. I have No UFOs. I finish every quilt totally before starting another. Just the way I have always done it.
    Jingle, I am with you on that one. And I have minimal stash.
    Old 03-12-2015, 08:01 AM

Wonky Star sounds like it would be perfect. Lovely blocks you have so continue on. The fact that the colors are your future DIL's favorites should bode well for the future, that is if you believe in that sort of thing. Now about that UFO thing...
    Old 03-12-2015, 12:55 PM

Wow, Barb! I don't feel quite so bad now. I only have a couple dozen UFOs!
    Old 03-12-2015, 03:34 PM

Madamekelly - that's a great design you just pulled out of the air! I can picture it clearly - you described it very well.

I've only been quilting..well, almost 3 years now, so I haven't accumulated very many UFO's yet. If I count "kits" as UFO's (I don't buy kits, but I have fabrics set aside with patterns designed for them) I probably have 30 or slightly more - I have a lot of grandiose ideas, LOL.

If I only count things that I've actually started at least cutting out, going from memory I can only think of 4 so I probably have at least 7 or 8. Oh wait, I just remembered five more. Shoot, and two more.

OK, maybe I have more UFO's than I think.
    Old 03-12-2015, 04:32 PM

I only have two UFOs, one I had a seizure while trimming and had to hide the boo boo with an applique, and the other was my very first raw edge applique, that I started, and after making my fingers so sore doing the black blanket stitch around 11 of 12 blocks, I could not pick anything up for a couple days, I found out that you are supposed to use the lightest fusible, not the heaviest, and you cut "windows" in the fusible to make it softer. What on earth am I going to do with a "cardboard" quilt? Lol!
    Old 03-12-2015, 05:15 PM

beautiful colors
    Old 03-12-2015, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by madamekelly
    I only have two UFOs, one I had a seizure while trimming and had to hide the boo boo with an applique, and the other was my very first raw edge applique, that I started, and after making my fingers so sore doing the black blanket stitch around 11 of 12 blocks, I could not pick anything up for a couple days, I found out that you are supposed to use the lightest fusible, not the heaviest, and you cut "windows" in the fusible to make it softer. What on earth am I going to do with a "cardboard" quilt? Lol!
    If the quilt is really going to be that stiff... use it as a really large wall-hanging. I have a quilt that is a twin-size, but we only have queen-size beds - so that quilt is a really large wall-hanging. And everybody that comes to my house loves it.