Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Long arm quilting lessons >
  • Long arm quilting lessons

• Long arm quilting lessons

Old 11-12-2016, 03:59 AM

Please call Handi Quilter they have great customer service.
    Old 11-12-2016, 04:38 AM

My machine always was a loud, cranky noisy machine from the beginning, making sudden loud noises. It never worked very well and I always thought it was a lemon. With the dealer being as he is, I didn't call him but called HQ for help. Nothing helped. We moved recently and a nephew took the entire assembly down, but of course, the machine was wrapped in a thick comforter and hand transported. Now the machine works lovely, no noises at all. I thought we might end up messing the timing up but whatever happened before is now OK. With a machine that works so great, I'm ready for lessons. I'm so grateful I've received so many doable ideas. Thank you all.
    Old 11-12-2016, 05:03 AM

I also have HQ Avante and am planning on going to their Academy June 21-24 in Salt Lake City. There will be many classes...hands on and demos. Would love to meet you there if you plan to go. I haven't tried pantographs yet just doing FMQ. Go to their website for info on the Academy.
    Old 11-15-2016, 10:26 AM

There is a company in Spring, Texas (near Houston) who teach classes. They have a guest house that can accommodate (I think) 6 people at a time with beds, showers, kitchens, etc (bring your own food). Some of their classes are like 2-3 day retreats. You can find them on the web. Texas Quilt Machines. They handle and know about so many different kinds of machines and I have actually gotten help from Tom over the phone to fix my own machine at home. His wife is a great teacher.
    Old 02-26-2017, 10:56 AM

ghquilter53- I bought the HQ Fusion last year and really want to go to the retreat in SLC. Having a tough time getting started on it, but it might have something to do with the kitchen remodel that's going on now. I'm also in Wyoming.

Originally Posted by ghquilter53
    I also have HQ Avante and am planning on going to their Academy June 21-24 in Salt Lake City. There will be many classes...hands on and demos. Would love to meet you there if you plan to go. I haven't tried pantographs yet just doing FMQ. Go to their website for info on the Academy.
    Old 02-26-2017, 05:24 PM

I am in Gillette and if your kitchen gets done and you are able to go to SLC be sure to let me know.