Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Longarm Table Length Questions >
  • Longarm Table Length Questions

• Longarm Table Length Questions

Old 02-01-2018, 09:49 AM

Yes manufacturers have length plus 4'. Innova has width needed as 5'. Does Innova and Prodigy have an end that can be closer or possibly butted up to the wall on one side? I've taped 5' deep and I am good with that, up to 6' will work. The extra length is just for me to maneuver front to back to work, not for the machine itself, Yes?
    Thanks for helping me navigate. I'd hate to order something and have it be an epic fail. ~Cindy
    Old 02-01-2018, 10:05 AM
    Power Poster

Why would you order anything without having in depth conversations with dealers or the seller? Especially such a sizable investment as a longarm. Any seller will gladly tell you if the machine you are considering will fit in the room you have. All you have to tell them is the dimension of the room and what you already have in there. You really should be addressing these questions to the seller of the machine you want rather than an on line forum. The dealer/seller will have answers to any kinds of questions you may have and may also have questions for you that you haven't even considered. Make sure you tell them your plans as well, like do you really plan quilting for others or just yourself? Do you want full on robotics or will you be doing all hand guided? Is the room where you plan on installing the machine accessable for the take up rollers? (innova's rollers are one solid piece we had to get mine in through the rooms window!)
    Your original post mentions this is your first longarm. Have you attended any class or training to make sure you even LIKE stand up longarm quilting? That would be my first recommendation. Find a class and do it from having to load backing batting and top and learn how to follow a panto, do free motion, use a ruler, template or other guiding tool (like a groovy board). Make sure this is something you really want to do and enjoy.
    We have had members post as soon as they tried it they realized it was not something they wanted to do. You also realize you need to do quite a bit of quilting before you are capable of quilting for others unless you offer a considerable discount and tell them up front you are a beginner. My first quilting I did for others I only charged the cost of thread. Others have done loads of volunteer quilting before charging.

These are all things you should consider in your research of a LA machine.