Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
rorary blades >

rorary blades

rorary blades

Old 01-26-2019, 08:36 AM

I have been writing down when I change my blades and last night I changed it again. Looks like my blades last about a month. I sew every day and use the rotary cutter every day too. I also cut my left-over scraps when I've finished a quilt and anything smaller than 2" square gets sub-cut into smaller pieces for dog bed stuffing. So, I'm thinking I use the rotary cuttery alot. I also purchased an electric sharpener to see if that will help me save some $$$ on rotary cutters. I haven't used any of them that have been sharpened .....I figure I'll check them out towards the middle of the year to see if they give me a little more use. And, I agree with everyone.......replace that blade when it's dull......I'm worried that someday I'll push too hard and slice my finger!
Old 01-26-2019, 09:21 AM
Power Poster

I'm on the extreme end. I change blades at first skip. I am not going to be annoyed with double cutting the same cut or clipping threads to remove a cut. DH would never continue to use a saw blade if it was cutting rough and after seeing the cost of one of his blades it's nothing to buy new rotary blades. LOL