Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • My Sparrow just landed and I'm happy >
  • My Sparrow just landed and I'm happy

• My Sparrow just landed and I'm happy

Old 03-28-2019, 04:03 AM

Mindless, have you had your hearing checked? You might have exceptional hearing and are able to hear what others can't. I have great hearing. The Dr. that checked it said that if everyone had my hearing he would be out of business. And my Sparrow has a little whine to it. And that does make me somewhat uneasy.

There were so many positives about the Sparrow that I bought one, but I was used to a mechanical machine 1020, and am not getting used to the new one as I would like to.

Today I am taking it to the Amish place that makes the inserts for my cabinet. I'll get it sitting at the correct height and may be I can get used to it. I didn't know there was one that had the knee lift. Mine was ordered through Walmart so I could get the Walmart guarantee, but it came from Sew Vac Direct. Mine came with the quilting walking foot box. That was wrapped separately in the very bottom of the box, almost tossed it.

Marcia
    Old 03-28-2019, 05:01 AM
    Power Poster

I need to stop reading about this machine. I'm so tempted to buy one and I absolutely don't need another machine!
    Old 03-28-2019, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH
    I need to stop reading about this machine. I'm so tempted to buy one and I absolutely don't need another machine!
    I know exactally what you mean!!!!!!
    Old 03-28-2019, 05:20 AM

Eversewn posted on instagram for votes on another color for spring, green, apricot, what looks like maybe grey, and white.
    I don't have a link, I saw it on the facebook group Friends of the Eversewn. A very small group, so the complaints aren't representative of the bulk of owners, but I will warn, there have been some popping up bobbin problems, solved by some by holding down the bobbin firmly while loading it in the machine. I think the bobbin holder is being reworked as it hasn't been available on the site for a bit.

As a Janome girl, I'm happy my feet and bobbins all work on my 30.

If you have a good machine, you don't need this one.
    If you need a machine, it is certainly worth checking out. Don't expect it to be a $10,000.00 machine, it isn't.
    But it is wonderful for what it is.
    Old 03-28-2019, 09:15 AM

Marcia, I'm so happy for you! Those machines look awesome and all the reviews I've read are positive. Enjoy!
    This machine resembles, in design and structure, my Brother 450Q. Is Eversew an affiliate of Brother, I wonder?

Congrats on your new machine! Hope it's everything you hope and want it to be!
    Old 03-29-2019, 05:28 PM
    mkc

Originally Posted by Battle Axe
    Mine was ordered through Walmart so I could get the Walmart guarantee, but it came from Sew Vac Direct.
    Be aware that places like Amazon, Overstock, Walmart, NewEgg, etc. usually have much different guarantee policies for 3rd party sellers than for items they sell themselves. Even with "fulfilled by Amazon", your purchases from a third party seller are treated differently when you have an issue than if the seller was Amazon itself.

Not saying that is the case here, but if you are ordering from one of these "generic merchandise" online retailers, check to see who the actual seller is before placing the order, especially if a guarantee or warranty is important to you. You will likely find if the merchant itself doesn't stock and sell the item from their own warehouse, your protections are much more limited. Take the time to understand how you are covered in the event of an issue.
    Old 03-29-2019, 06:09 PM
    Power Poster

I ordered mine from Amazon sold by Eversewn. I use Amazon Prime credit card. mkc is right. Be sure and look who is the seller. I order my dies on Amazon sold by Accuquilt. It makes a big difference in returns.

Eversewn is a company selling through Brewster Distributors. Eversewn was started by a member of the Bernina family using the Bernina specs. It was made to be sold to the public through any quilt shop or any dealer. It is not a high end Bernina but the closest you can get to a Bernina machine without it being a Bernina.

Last edited by Onebyone; 03-29-2019 at 06:15 PM.
    Old 03-30-2019, 04:28 AM
    Power Poster

That makes sense now. My Bernina dealer sells them.
    Old 03-30-2019, 04:34 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Battle Axe
    I ordered a Sparrow 30 ...
    congrats on your new machine! I just had to look it up... lots of nice features... But it's pink, and I am just not a pink person. I am considering one of the other models though... probably the one with the knee lift as I'm so used to that.
    Old 03-30-2019, 04:35 AM
    Power Poster

That makes sense now. My Bernina dealer sells them.
    interesting to know!