Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Quilting Pet Peeves >
  • Quilting Pet Peeves

• Quilting Pet Peeves

Old 07-02-2022, 05:13 PM

Quilting Is My Therapy (Angela Walters) has prompt, excellent, USA customer service.
    Old 07-02-2022, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by aashley333
    I'd say that my pet peeve is overpriced quilting items made of plastic. $125 for a large cutting mat seems excessive. And the templates...
    I agree 100 %. If the prices were lower, they would do a much larger volume in sales.As is, the items are Not worth the money.
    Old 07-03-2022, 08:40 AM
    Power Poster

I walked into a very popular quilting shop in Arizona while on vacation. I asked if they had hexie papers, I wanted to do some handwork while at the hotel. The woman said what? She had never heard of such things. She looked at me like I was crazy. I said English Paper Piecing. She said she never heard of it. Turned around and ignored me.
    Old 07-03-2022, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone
    I walked into a very popular quilting shop in Arizona while on vacation. I asked if they had hexie papers, I wanted to do some handwork while at the hotel. The woman said what? She had never heard of such things. She looked at me like I was crazy. I said English Paper Piecing. She said she never heard of it. Turned around and ignored me.
    Wow! Just wow. I'm guessing she's not looking for new business.
    Old 07-03-2022, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone
    Had that same experience a number of times. People want to judge a book by its cover and I don't exactly dress up to go shopping. I give a smile in return and think to myself, Oh honey, if you only knew.
    Old 07-03-2022, 02:27 PM
    Power Poster

Had that same experience a number of times. People want to judge a book by its cover and I don't exactly dress up to go shopping. I give a smile in return and think to myself, Oh honey, if you only knew.

Funny but when we were younger and just starting out we dressed in our best to go anywhere. Now it's capris length jeans and my stable everyday 3/4 sleeve cotton button down shirts with collar is all I wear anywhere. I don't wear sneakers or sandals.
    Old 07-03-2022, 05:31 PM
    Administrator

not related to quilting.
    appears to be veering off topic.