Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Pet Peeves >

Quilting Pet Peeves

Quilting Pet Peeves

Old 06-24-2022, 10:26 AM

Unhappy Quilting Pet Peeves

My Pet Peeve is the state of Customer Service.

When you have a question about a product or a question about your order, it's not a problem to contact the company and get an immediate email reply saying they received your inquiry and that their 'team' will get back to me within 24 hours.

I did this with two companies, both with questions concerning quilting items. One company with a question about an item in one of my orders that I received. And with the other company about a product that I want to order, but had a question about. It's been 9 business days today since I contacted both of them and I have yet to hear back from either.

Company #1 - A very well known company that has been in business for over 20 years - I spent a lot of money, and I mean a lot, over the last 6 months with this company planning and setting up my new quilting room. If they can't answer a simple question in 9 days, then they apparently no longer need my business.

Company #2 - I've never ordered from them before and since they can't answer a simple question, I can't trust their customer service, so I won't be placing an order with them.

My questions were polite, simple and didn't involve any type of management request or approval. If I'm not worth their time, than neither are they worth mine. A little respect cost little and goes a long way in both directions.

Quilting is a field/hobby that is limited to the amount of people who do quilting. It's not like everyone and their brother needs fabric and quilting supplies/machines. You would think that they would want to keep the customers they have and/ or gain new ones.
Old 06-24-2022, 10:44 AM

I will just say deal with Connecting Threads. They are great. Evidently they have employees! seriously, i do know what you mean but for now, if you want an attentive company, they are it!
Old 06-24-2022, 10:45 AM
Power Poster

Being ignored irks me - no matter who/what the business is.
Old 06-24-2022, 12:18 PM
Power Poster

Customer service or actually talking to a real person, is going to get increasingly difficult. Getting employees for the positions available are getting scarce.
Old 06-24-2022, 08:32 PM

My husband and I have noticed that getting any kind of customer service via email has really gone downhill since the pandemic started. Phone calls have been much more productive and satisfactory. Maybe try contacting these companies by phone before giving up.
Old 06-24-2022, 09:01 PM
Power Poster

. Many managers have told me reading through all the emails takes too much time so they don't do it. The emails are for order confirmations. I stick with a few shops and companies I know I can reach and get a call back or email in a short time.
Old 06-25-2022, 04:39 AM

I'd say that my pet peeve is overpriced quilting items made of plastic. $125 for a large cutting mat seems excessive. And the templates...
Old 06-25-2022, 08:07 AM
Power Poster

Plastic and acrylic items getting very expensive. . Accuquilt, Creative Grids, and other brands are increasing prices starting July 1.
Old 06-25-2022, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
. Many managers have told me reading through all the emails takes too much time so they don't do it.
Figures. Then they need to put in their websites that if you have a question or issue to call. It's on their websites to contact them by email with any questions or problems. If they aren't going to take the time to handle the emails, then they need to get that option off their website.
Old 06-25-2022, 11:06 AM

An actual person on the other end of the phone is getting more and more rare. Another thing is if you buy a major purchase, a car, stove, etc. you don't usually get a user's manual. You are told you can go on line, ugh. We bought a new car about 6 months ago and I asked if a user's manual came with the car, was told everything is on line. I'm tecky to a point but when it comes to some things, I want a manual in hand. In fact, when told we would not get a manual with our new vehicle, we got up and walked away. We weren't more than 10 steps away and got called back and said we would get a manual. I guess persistence is necessary at times and it sometimes works.