View Single Post
Old 06-24-2022, 10:26 AM
quiltsfor

Unhappy Quilting Pet Peeves

My Pet Peeve is the state of Customer Service.

When you have a question about a product or a question about your order, it's not a problem to contact the company and get an immediate email reply saying they received your inquiry and that their 'team' will get back to me within 24 hours.

I did this with two companies, both with questions concerning quilting items. One company with a question about an item in one of my orders that I received. And with the other company about a product that I want to order, but had a question about. It's been 9 business days today since I contacted both of them and I have yet to hear back from either.

Company #1 - A very well known company that has been in business for over 20 years - I spent a lot of money, and I mean a lot, over the last 6 months with this company planning and setting up my new quilting room. If they can't answer a simple question in 9 days, then they apparently no longer need my business.

Company #2 - I've never ordered from them before and since they can't answer a simple question, I can't trust their customer service, so I won't be placing an order with them.

My questions were polite, simple and didn't involve any type of management request or approval. If I'm not worth their time, than neither are they worth mine. A little respect cost little and goes a long way in both directions.

Quilting is a field/hobby that is limited to the amount of people who do quilting. It's not like everyone and their brother needs fabric and quilting supplies/machines. You would think that they would want to keep the customers they have and/ or gain new ones.