Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Goodnight Irene and Moda >
  • Goodnight Irene and Moda

• Goodnight Irene and Moda

Old 11-29-2022, 06:34 AM

Default Goodnight Irene

Your quilt top is beautiful, I like to soft colours, hopefully you can find a backing for it so you can give it to your daughter for Christmas. I sometimes find it difficult to find a backing to go with my quilt and I finally just pick a colour I like even if that particular colour isn't in the quilt.
    I made a quilt similar to it only I made mine scrappy with leftover 2" squares, the pattern I followed was called Chicklet and it isn't nearly as big as yours, but I did enjoy making it and my backing is a turquoise flannel and I love to snuggle with it on a cold day.

img_1913.jpg
    Old 11-30-2022, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by GwenH
    Your quilt top is beautiful, I like to soft colours, hopefully you can find a backing for it so you can give it to your daughter for Christmas. I sometimes find it difficult to find a backing to go with my quilt and I finally just pick a colour I like even if that particular colour isn't in the quilt.
    I made a quilt similar to it only I made mine scrappy with leftover 2" squares, the pattern I followed was called Chicklet and it isn't nearly as big as yours, but I did enjoy making it and my backing is a turquoise flannel and I love to snuggle with it on a cold day.

Attachment 641582

Gwen, I really like the washed look of your quilt. I’m curious to know, what color thread did you use for quilting?
    Old 11-30-2022, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Blueridgebeverly
    That turned out gorgeous, toogie! I’ve pieced backing from leftover yardage and liked the results. This is one I did a few years ago.
    If it were for me, I’d piece the back, no problem, but she’s particular. Or I’d use a 108 inch my choice. I do like your back though.