Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • my machine update >
  • my machine update

• my machine update

Old 04-05-2010, 05:15 AM

My old Kenmore could sew through wood, but I replaced it with one not so heavy - My Pfaff is great by too big to take for classes and now i have a janome and love it. So glad you got yours fixed. I do so hate repairmen who take advantage and charge exorbitant prices.
    Old 04-05-2010, 05:16 AM

My old Kenmore could sew through wood, but I replaced it with one not so heavy - My Pfaff is great by too big to take for classes and now i have a janome and love it. So glad you got yours fixed. I do so hate repairmen who take advantage and charge exorbitant prices.
    Old 04-05-2010, 01:23 PM

j have mentioned on hear before, but i took my Janome 9000 to get it looked at because it would speed up on its own and keep sewing even after i took my foot off the pedal. he told me it needed a new motor. long story short, it cost me $189 and it didnt fix the problem. the next year -it was still doing the posessed thing- he told me it needed some sensor and it would be very expensive. anyway i found out it was the footpedal and DH cleaned the dust and cat hair out of it. i contacted Janome about problems with the motor-they'd never heard of a problem with the motor. when i bought a new Janome i didnt go there. i also tell people not to go there too.
    Old 04-05-2010, 03:18 PM

I have a older Viking that I bought about 20 yrs ago. It stopped working and I took it to a repair place. Told me it would cost 350.00 to fix it and why don't I trade it in on another machine. I took my machine home and waited. Found a yahoo group for Viking machines that helped me fix it myself.
    Saved 350 and learned a lot. And ya know I haven't used it since and am thinking about selling it. lol I got my new Brother and some Singer Slants and my Household.
    Old 04-05-2010, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b
    Good for you ! I took my Brother to the local service center and didn't have such good luck either :hunf: now have to find the repair tag and send it into Brother to get it fixed properly . Glad you kept looking :thumbup: And she is working better than ever :lol:
    I have a little hint for you...put the repair ticket into a ziploc snack bag and tape to the bottom of the machine. You will always know where to find it. Re: the current repair ticket???your guess is as good as mine......
    Old 04-05-2010, 04:06 PM
    Banned

I have not had to have mine repaired yet, but afraid if it did break down please knock on wood, it would have to stay that way. Penny
    Old 04-05-2010, 04:40 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
    Originally Posted by sharon b
    Good for you ! I took my Brother to the local service center and didn't have such good luck either :hunf: now have to find the repair tag and send it into Brother to get it fixed properly . Glad you kept looking :thumbup: And she is working better than ever :lol:
    I have a little hint for you...put the repair ticket into a ziploc snack bag and tape to the bottom of the machine. You will always know where to find it. Re: the current repair ticket???your guess is as good as mine......
    :oops: LOL :oops: I know ...sad isn't it
    Old 04-05-2010, 05:55 PM

Just a funny note. I have a Elna serger and had to take it in for service. I have my Singer and Brother machines that sits on the table as well. They are plugged into a power strip serge protector. When I brought the serger home and pluged it up, I accidently picked up the Singer power cord and plugged it in. It came on sewing! I was furious with the repair man. I thought I just spent my hard earned money to have this thing fixed and it is worst than when I took it in. It would sew great but, I had to turn to power source off to get it to stop sewing! I took it off the table and ready to take back to the shop the next day. That is when I discovered I had it plugged up with the wrong power cord!! Talking about LOL!!!
    Old 04-06-2010, 04:48 AM

I have a Brother ULT2003D I have had for 6 years am glad my husband is a retired sewing machine mechanic so he has done what little repairs its needed This is a great Machine I got the Janome 11000SE For my 41 anniversary this year Hope it holds up as well I still have the Brother just couldn't part with it
    Old 04-06-2010, 05:46 AM
    Power Poster

It seems most people and business is so money hungry they will do anything to get a buck. In tough times is when the worst in people come out, it's always there just hidden. The good people are still out there just a little harder to find. I would never buy anything from someone trying to take advantage of me. There is a sew and vac around me that is crooked and I would never buy a machine from them.