Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Need some advice on a purchase? >
  • Need some advice on a purchase?

• Need some advice on a purchase?

Old 11-30-2010, 10:00 PM

Wow.. what a deal.. Yes buy them.. and the machine.. I've never seen a Pfaff that doesn't run like a top.. probably some have, but over all they are great machines!! I have a newer one and an older one.. both are great machines. You can sell it to someone else if you don't need it.. or give it to some young woman that is struggling to find a machine she can afford.

I was the one who ran into a deal simular to yours.. I bought a 1230 Bernina, 2 featherweights, an embroidery machine with lots of programs, a Bernina surger and a lot of notions and other things like scissors and just a bunch of stuff all sewing related... for $300.. The sewing machines and other stuff had belonged to this woman's MIL and she had passed away.. it was sitting in the house and she just wanted it out.. I told her it was worth a lot more if she would just advertize it.. but she was tired of it, didn't sew, didn't want to, didn't want to research the value.. just wanted it all gone, said it's next home was the dump as far as she was concerned. so I paid her with a my money and a great big smile and took it all home!! It happens now and then. I kept some, gave some, and have felt as happy as a clam over the whole thing. Once in a lifetime.
    Old 11-30-2010, 11:27 PM

I've seen the Q-snap frames in the store recently for around $100 and can sometimes get them with a coupon for 40% off.