Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
For All of You Snowed In >

For All of You Snowed In

For All of You Snowed In

Old 01-28-2011, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
Originally Posted by JenniePenny
A bit of both! I've had tons of sewing time all this month and I shudder to say this, but...... I realized last night I was getting bored.
Perish the thought!!! lol
Have you taken your temperature??? lol :-D :-D
Laughing... I know - couldn't believe I felt that way last night. I've started and completed two baby quilts and an elaborate wall hanging since Christmas. I've also put together a quilt top (Vintage Violets) since then.
So I was looking around and saying 'What next? Maybe I need to get out of this room and read a book?' But I also have been doing a lot of fabric 'petting' and 'auditioning'.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:27 PM

I am in the NE and have nothing. It's like there's a party out there, and I can hear the music but I haven't been invited. I don't want as much snow as you all seem to have but it sure would be nice to be included in these storms once in a while. :?
Old 01-28-2011, 04:57 PM

My sympathy to all of you that are snowed in. I live in eastern NC where it doesn't usually snow (just hurricanes in the summer) But this year we have had 3 snow events since Christmas. Nothing like the northeast. But when you live in an area not used to snow, snow is a big deal and I'm sick of the snow and cold weather. I guess that ground hog will be coming out soon to hopefully tell us spring is coming soon.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:10 PM

Ohio has not had as much snow as the NE but it is still too snowy or cold to go out side on some days. I have gotton a lot done since Christmas especially since my DH is still working out of town. Also like the too hot days in summer to stay in AC and sew. Oh by the way I am retired. LOL.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:15 AM

Do not welcome as have to get out to work, if not don't mind but they plow very well here so not usually snowed in for long, feel so fortunate that last storm missed capital district of NY. My thoughts are turning to spring quilting projects haha!
Old 01-29-2011, 03:36 AM

I live in the NE Corner of Pa. and the storms seem to miss us all the time. We get a dusting of snow now and then but nothing we have to shovel. I am retired so have been sewing a lot lately. Its very cold, most days are in the 20's and go down to 0* at night I am working on a lot of scrappy quilts right now.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:09 AM

I am alternating between shoveling and quilting. All I can say is - It will take a lot more than this to bury my JOY
Attached Thumbnails attachment-137295.jpe  
Old 01-29-2011, 04:31 AM

yes, i am very productive during snow. i stay home. smile more. i cook better.....
am slowly reorganizing sewing areas. and have made almost 200 1/2 sq triangles from some nice 30's fabrics. last year during one of our snowstorms, i FINISHED a large string lap quilt, all from scraps! that felt good! i'm so blessed!
Old 01-29-2011, 04:51 AM

We rarely get snow here in Mississippi, but have had 3 bouts of it starting with Christmas Day. Snow in an area where we aren't prepared for it is rather tricky. The snow was so pretty at Christmas-last White Christmas was 1963. Snow that followed, I could have done without. Got stuck in my drive one day, my yard the next. Auggggggghhhhhh I am retired though and its not a problem for me to stay in and sew. I'm trying to not wish my life away. I hear so many saying: I wish it was summer- it will be here soon enough, lets just enjoy each day that God sends us and rejoice in it!
Old 01-29-2011, 04:52 AM

I'm so busy with sewing projects I don't have time to get cabin fever, I welcome the snow.....that way I can go to my sewing room and just pick one of the "many" projects sitting around to work on.