Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
CLOSED FOR SIGN-UP- 5 Inch Scrappy strips Swap…Registration EXTENDED  until the 18th of the month... >

CLOSED FOR SIGN-UP- 5 Inch Scrappy strips Swap…Registration EXTENDED until the 18th of the month...

CLOSED FOR SIGN-UP- 5 Inch Scrappy strips Swap…Registration EXTENDED until the 18th of the month...

Old 02-10-2011, 08:01 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by Gwenny
I would love to but not too sure. Trying to get 10 different fabrics of the colors you are asking for. Kinda hard since I am new to quilting. I am looking at the tan group. I have two browns that blend well with the rest of my tan, beige colors if that will work. If so I can get in for one of that color group. The others I am totally out for that many different colors.
The strips do not have to play well with each other. Only requirement is that each strip color belongs in the same color family. For example you can have ten strips of ANY yellow fabric. light yellow with pink polka dots. Pastel. Sunshine yellow With blue swirls. And so on. Just as long as it has yellow in it. Clear as mud??

As for the tan beige off white well now You can send ten strips of any of these in any combination. Does not have to ten strips of beige or ten strips of off white. Mix and matching is fine. Goal is to get scrappy stash
Old 02-11-2011, 05:19 AM

Would love to do it next month. (I'm leaving on vacation next week so Feb. is out for me.)
Would you ever consider themes like sports, animals, flowers, school etc. ? That's how I divide my children's fabrics. Could we include a few solids to coordinate with the prints ?
Hope the Feb. swap works out well for you.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:07 PM

my 2 sets are ready to go
Old 02-14-2011, 06:30 PM

BOY!! Did I jump the gun. I mailed mine today. But we are suppose to get 1'-3' of snow tomorrow. With my bad knee, I won't be venturing out.

OK everyone east of the CA-NV area, the storm is here and heading your way. The wind is blowing trailer/trucks over already. It is really spooky now that it has gotten dark out. Its howling!!
Old 02-15-2011, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
Well this is not goin as well as planned.. :-(

Nobody else wanna play??
luvTooQuilt,

I am new to this swapping thing and I just want to say reading your post rules was a bit unclear to me. You say there is a limit of 5 sets (There is a FIVE SET limit in this swap)but you also post that there is a minimum of 2 sets per category (We need a min of total of TWO sets (2 members) per color family). In your example you post sending 4 sets, 1 per family {***Example- I would like to do 4 (four) sets - ((4 sets mean that I would send 4 separate Ziploc bags of 10 random strips from any color families I have chosen to participate in))}.

Being new at this, I wasn't sure what was being asked for with the different scenarios. They truly may all make perfect sense, but somewhere along the post I got lost. And then I wasn't sure if the strip set can be the same fabric or different fabrics. Has this swap been done before with picture posts I can look at?
Old 02-15-2011, 11:08 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

I can clearly see your confusion and please accept my apology.

This swap has a max of five sets per member which means you can send in any five sets ( set meaning 10 different strips of one category. For example uglies and busy category. Cut one strip from any ten ugly fabrics and that equals one set). So you can mix n match which categories you wish to participate and double up on one to make a total of five sets .

However to avoid getting your strips back we need 2 members to sign up for the same category. And you each will get the other members bag

Clear as mud??

Originally Posted by Havplenty
Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
Well this is not goin as well as planned.. :-(

Nobody else wanna play??
luvTooQuilt,

I am new to this swapping thing and I just want to say reading your post rules was a bit unclear to me. You say there is a limit of 5 sets (There is a FIVE SET limit in this swap)but you also post that there is a minimum of 2 sets per category (We need a min of total of TWO sets (2 members) per color family). In your example you post sending 4 sets, 1 per family {***Example- I would like to do 4 (four) sets - ((4 sets mean that I would send 4 separate Ziploc bags of 10 random strips from any color families I have chosen to participate in))}.

Being new at this, I wasn't sure what was being asked for with the different scenarios. They truly may all make perfect sense, but somewhere along the post I got lost. And then I wasn't sure if the strip set can be the same fabric or different fabrics. Has this swap been done before with picture posts I can look at?
Old 02-15-2011, 11:14 AM

Stay safe !! We finally have a heatwave. 55 degrees today !!

Originally Posted by nurse bonnie
BOY!! Did I jump the gun. I mailed mine today. But we are suppose to get 1'-3' of snow tomorrow. With my bad knee, I won't be venturing out.

OK everyone east of the CA-NV area, the storm is here and heading your way. The wind is blowing trailer/trucks over already. It is really spooky now that it has gotten dark out. Its howling!!
Old 02-15-2011, 11:26 AM

I put my strips in the mail today.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:41 PM

I will be extending the registration and mailing date till the 18th if anyone would like to participate..

We have plenty of room..

Four Categories for Feb 2011 are:

Uglies & busy
Neutrals
Yellow
Orange
Old 02-17-2011, 11:57 AM

Recd your package today - Nursebonnie

Thank you..