Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST >

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST

Old 08-02-2012, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
oh btw, whomever got my name, please speak up, hold your hand up or wave. i am sure i didn't complete my template right. i am so scatterbrained right now and i think i was trying to make sure i got any/all of lori's 'new' questions on my template and may not have completely filled in my information.

i really just want to help make this a successful process for you and ask that you forgive my snafu.[ATTACH=CONFIG]353101[/ATTACH]

Hav - nice try but no go. LOL To all the newbies here, watch out she's tricky.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
I need some very large stilettos to poke family members into line.
Sharp ones.
That fit on the end of a shotgun.
(Don't worry. I'd only load it with rock salt like mountain folk do to shoo off the revenuers. When you shoot them it stings like heck, but the salt keeps the wounds cleaned out ...)
OK. Back to reality.
Keep sharp things away from me.
At least for the rest of the afternoon.
I got shot with rock salt once... I was about 8 years old and my brother and I were stealing apples from the orchard down the street(we lived way out in the country down the street was about half a mile or more) We jumped the fence after school, and those were the days when girls wore dresses! man o man I still feel that sting in my bottom, never even got my brother and it was his idea! Now days they would lock up the guy who shot us, but really that was the first and last time I ever jumped a fence to steal apples... But if the apples are hanging over the fence, that is another story!
Old 08-02-2012, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Vanogay View Post
Well, I'm from New Orleans and it was many years before we got AC. As I remember, windows were open and all those window fans were running. I joined the military and moved around. Once, I visited Mother in July and her AC broke - it was pretty rough for the few days till it was fixed. July in New Orleans is like none other I've never really liked the cold from the AC on my skin, but it is way better than that miserable heat in New Orleans. And my DH would agree with you about the stink - mold and mildew personified.
I was in the Army and did a few weeks at Fort Polk, In Shreveport LA. I was there in July and dang I thought I was going to die, hotter n' you could imagine and the humidity was more than I could ever stand for long. The mold grew up the walls and we were constantly cleaning them... We had a swamp cooler in the Barracks and all that did was make it more humid. I feel for any of you who live where it is hot and humid. I like hot but I like my hot dry.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:25 PM

I am working on getting my secret pal some special fabric... It's new to me, but I will find it! I love shopping on line, we have a mercantile and a LQS a few towns over. Anything else is a drive down the hill... and it is hot down there so I try not to go. But online shopping, I have never been disappointed. I stick with brands I know and stores I have either got a good review from a friend, or had success with.

Lori, so sorry to hear you diagnosis, my Cousin has it and she say the key to her keeping the pain in check is to get a good night sleep and eat healthy.

Tomorrow is Friday~ I am really looking forward to this weekend, we are going to Laguna Beach to see some friends, and I love going to the Beach.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:33 PM

Yippeeeeeee... Happy Friday!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]353273[/ATTACH]

Every thursday feels like friday when I get out of math class. Yay I don't HAVE to do anything for at least 3 more days.... Becaussseeee.... read my signature.
Attached Thumbnails 8friday37-05ef21a36dee97fead049435a38a43e3.gif  
Old 08-03-2012, 02:56 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Tam...Moo View Post
My secret pal appears to be quite a character...perfect patch for me! I am packing up the goodies...so keeps your eyes open!
YAY! Tammy, it's me!!!! Please be sure to send that sweet cow along, too.
Thank you.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:58 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy View Post
I went to the Dr today and I have fibromyalgia, oh goody!
WHAT????? Well that's no darn good.
Get rid of it.
(((HUGS)))
Hope that didn't hurt, sweetie.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:59 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by SharonAnne View Post
Must be a dog breeder with at least 11 dogs.
Or it could be someone with one little yappy dog like my darling Daisy Mae ...
Old 08-03-2012, 03:07 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
I got shot with rock salt once... I was about 8 years old and my brother and I were stealing apples from the orchard down the street(we lived way out in the country down the street was about half a mile or more) We jumped the fence after school, and those were the days when girls wore dresses! man o man I still feel that sting in my bottom, never even got my brother and it was his idea! Now days they would lock up the guy who shot us, but really that was the first and last time I ever jumped a fence to steal apples... But if the apples are hanging over the fence, that is another story!
I just KNEW someone on this thread would know about shooting people with rock salt!
Today is a new day. No one is going to disturb my serenity.
("SERENITY NOW!!! See this if you don't know what that means)
If anyone tries, I will stuff them into a canon and shoot them to Antarctica.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:10 AM
Swap Hosts

Candles and Candies.
Hmmmm.
Wax lips?
Wax "soda bottles"?