Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-03-2011, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by pnptrapp
Congratulations Nancia~ How exciting, let us know when the babe is named! I went 3 days before I got my name!

MJ~ please be careful and listen to your doctors! those little ones can be a sign, we need you to stick around.

Irish~ glad that you are starting to heal. Get dark pantyhose if you can, it'll help hide the legs a bit too!

I got my pedometer and will start using it tomorrow. We'll see how many steps I can come up with. I'm not sure how they work, so we'll be playing with it for sure. By the way does anyone know where the 10,000 steps goal came from? Is that including any other working out you do, or on top of it?

Lifting tomorrow, Did another 30 min workout tonight. I"m going to for the big prize this time! Here I go!
I have been told by both my doctors that 10,000 is something to shot for for losing weight and improving my health. I have only gotten to that mark a few times and all walking during the day counts toward that goal. I average between 8 and 9 thousand steps.
Your doing so well keep it up.
Gail
Old 08-03-2011, 11:58 PM

thank you! i had a chance to watch mother and child nursing and then i talked to the baby. she is so beautiful! i think she'll have her daddy's smile since she has the family upper lip. i love c-sec babies. always so pretty!! of course, i'm sure she's bright too. i won't be able to go see her for quite awhile. her aunt and i are in the middle of a spat. and i will probably bite off my nose to spite my face as the old saying goes. i'm just so hurt and angry i don't want to see anyone. we were going to stay at her place but she has rescinded the invitation. she did NOT learn that from me. this does however bode well for my weight loss attempt as i normally can't eat when i'm upset. to be honest, right now i don't care about that. enough. i have been too much on the thread tonight. let's not mention it again and other people can chat. i could use the distraction. so, anyone read any good books lately? discuss!
Old 08-04-2011, 01:24 AM

You deserve to be excited. Congratulations grandma. Now get busy on that quilt.

Originally Posted by nancia
THANKS, Y'ALL! MY DAUGHTER IS WAITING TO GET IN TO SEE THE BABY. SHE WILL SEND PICTURES VIA HER CELL PHONE--THAT IS IF ALL OF THE BABY WILL FIT! SHE'S PRETTY BIG. OOPS-SORRY DIDN'T MEAN TO KEEP SHOUTING--BUT YES, I AM EXCITED! GUESS I'D BETTER FINISH HER QUILT!
Old 08-04-2011, 01:25 AM

I'm praying for you MJ. Take care of yourself.

Originally Posted by purplemem
Not such a great report. Up 12 pounds today of fluid. Started another diuretic with weekly blood tests.

Also, last weekend when I told you I was so sick...I had a minor heart attack. Confirmed today by tests.

Go back to doc in two weeks and to hosp for tests next week.

Keep on Walking, moving and shaking. Make those pounds run away out of fear! :D
Old 08-04-2011, 02:52 AM

So much going on on this thread!

MJ - My prayers are with you. Make sure you listen to your doctor. Hope this new diuretic works for you. God Bless!

Nancia - Congratulations! Baby's are a wonderful gift from God. Hope it works out that you get to see the baby sooner than later. Prayers are with you, mom & baby.

Welcome all newbies, we are glad to have you.

Irish - Glad to hear you are getting better. To bad you can't find out what you are allergic to.

Thank you everyone for your support and encouragement. I'm going for my blood test this morning then see the doc Monday.

Worked on my "Season's Change" quilt yesterday. I think I'm finally getting the hang of paper piecing. I love learning new techniques.

God Bless everyone and have a great day!
Old 08-04-2011, 03:19 AM

Good morning to all. Yesterday was another good day. I stayed on track with my food and got my exercise in. Took a class at the health club and was able to walk 2.5 miles. Was planning on going more but it was just too hot.

I will get out this morning as soon as the sun comes up and get my walking in before it gets too hot. It is 6:10 and already 82. Another hot day ahead of us.

A friend of mine lost their daughter in Feb and today I am going over and help go through her things. Going to be a very stressful day and hope I can stay on track with my food intake. I have a quilt ready to be quilted so plan on working on that this evening and hopefully stay out of the kitchen.

OBTW. Did ya'll know that Walmart has some cotton fabric that is 108" wide? I don't think they had that before they closed and its not a large selection of colors. Whites and beige tone on tone. I bought some and will try it on this quilt this evening.

Everyone have a wonderful day.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:29 AM

bad day yesterday..i didn't hit the minimum calories i was supposed to hit. i had a breakfast bar, skipped lunch and light dinner...

today is a new day though!
Old 08-04-2011, 06:04 AM

I've lost 2 lbs!!!

I'm so excited! Now I just need to do that a couple more times this month and I might have a shot at getting all that faboulus fabric!

Have any of you heard of CBW? Crazy Bowls and Wraps! It's a great place to eat. very Healthy but huge portions!
Old 08-04-2011, 06:20 AM
elm

Good morning all. Exercising yesterday worked and I lost another half pound. So, in a little while I'll head to the senior center and use that fitness room again. Hope everyone is remembering to drink water or non calorie/caffien drinks. Every diet plan I ever tried stressed that. Someone asked about good books. I'm reading The Cavalier Case by Antonia Fraser it's a light mystery, easy read and fun.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:34 AM

I was just thinking about water this morning. My rule of thumb :thumbup: is when hungry or craving something not so healthy is to drink a glass of water. It creates the "full" feeling and tricks my brain. I find that over time I have been ignoring thirst and then feed it rather than quench it. Thus pounds on and the food does not take care of the real need, water!

Have a good day all and enjoy a glass of water.