Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • 2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed >
  • 2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed

• 2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed

Old 01-31-2014, 03:42 AM

Snow will not keep us from the Mid-Atlantic! Definitely we can meet (I am planning on going on Friday). DH is the Chief Engineer at the Embassy Suites Convention Hotel, and believe me, they are gearing up for the quilters! He says that they serve more food at this event than any other during the year. I told him I wanted a room reserved for me to store all my goodies, but they are sold out. So I guess I will just find his truck in the parking lot and stash stuff in it!
    Old 01-31-2014, 04:41 AM

My partner and I are plotting away! She will be working on two small quilts for me. One about the size of a block and the other a bit larger. Something along the lines of an Amish style maybe? Up to her! How's this for a fun teaser?
    Old 01-31-2014, 03:28 PM

stashing stuff in his truck - LOL I will be driving mine. Friday looks good as long as I don't have jury duty (I am up for the whole month of February)
    Old 01-31-2014, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Yosamitesa
    OH!!! I need that tip. I have a block of the month that I'm doing...that all have flying geese and I keep getting the kits and go to start them and freeze...I can't do them. I'm scared!!!!!
    the tip is Yosamitesa, is when you go to sew the corner blocks onto the flying geese ,draw your line diagonally across the small square you sew to the corners but do not sew directly on that line. sew one or two threads to the seam allowance side of the line. this will give you just a little extra fabric to go over the hump of the seam. hope that helps you to manage making flying gese in future.
    Old 01-31-2014, 07:41 PM

Well I had a wkd at a quilt retreat and was excited I got the name of my partner and did some talking with her and I have free reign of the quilt to make for her, Well with a full day of sewing I finished the top and am deciding if it is enough or if I need to do a different one for her. Its like quilters remorse love cutting sewing and putting it all together and then when it is done it is a crash I need to start on another one and go again. Is that crazy or does everyone feel like that.
    Old 01-31-2014, 09:30 PM

OK, this is for my partner Annaquilts so no peeking! No batting and no binding but can have sashing or borders. Small one has machine embroidery so I got out of quilting it, second one I had to quilt but picture is not very clear so it doesn'tlook too bad! Hope these photos help explain!
    Attached Thumbnails swap-007.jpg   swap-008.jpg  
    Old 02-01-2014, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by ljdugas31
    Carolyn I love surprise so that works fine I will do the same for you. We can always change our minds.LOL
    I love surprises it adds to the anticipation! Hugs, I am all set on selection of materials and pattern. Now to pick them up! I have a custom piece to load on my long arm that will take me about a month to quilt (I work FT and they refuse to pay me to stay at home) Yours will be the next one going on. I plan to try out new techniques both on the quilting and construction. I love pushing the limits. I am almost at the point where I am too excited to focus!
    Old 02-01-2014, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by CarolynMT
    I love surprises it adds to the anticipation! Hugs, I am all set on selection of materials and pattern. Now to pick them up! I have a custom piece to load on my long arm that will take me about a month to quilt (I work FT and they refuse to pay me to stay at home) Yours will be the next one going on. I plan to try out new techniques both on the quilting and construction. I love pushing the limits. I am almost at the point where I am too excited to focus!
    Your the best partner ever!!! Well my fabric came in startedyour quilt today just a little picked out emborder plates ,so excited to get this done. Have a great weekend!!!
    Old 02-01-2014, 01:21 PM

went shopping today and picked up some of the fabric needed at Mill Ends along with a couple preprinted whole cloth quilt tops, 40 spools of thread and 10 scraps---total purchase came to $13.61. going out of business sale--fabric is 70% off, notions are 60% off. only thing not discounts was the little scraps i picked up--they cost a quarter apiece but are big enough to make centers of some doll quilts which is why i bought them.
    Now I can start actual work on the quilt for this swap and see whether i bit off more than i can chew with my proposed plan. I have the picture in my head--now to get it transposed to fabric.
    Old 02-01-2014, 03:41 PM

Dragonnan -MAQS show when and where inVA? I like to see if i can make it.

wow you ladies are making great designs. I am stll brainstorming on the color but think i found a desigm.