Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How Many of We Quilters are Grandparents????? >

How Many of We Quilters are Grandparents?????

How Many of We Quilters are Grandparents?????

Old 10-16-2010, 08:51 PM

My husband and I are the proud grandparents of 6 grandchildren, 3 boys, Sam 19, Eli 12, Ian 7 and 3 girls, Allison 18, Caitlin 16, Wendy 13. They are the most lovable, perfect grandchildren anyone could ask for. :thumbup:
Old 10-16-2010, 09:05 PM

The joys of my life are Francis 28, Patrick 26, Steffany 18, Jessyka 16, Tina 10 , and Xavier 9 months old. The third generation ; Tom 5 , and Laurie 4. I just adore them.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:52 PM

I have one grandson for now who will be 12 next mo. He has a few quilts and loves them. When I had him for a week this summer he wanted to make his own and we did that. It turned out great and he is so proud of it. I made many baby quilts and donated them to the Hosp. NICU and some for Salvation Army for burned out kids, and some to a women s[with kids] shelter. So I guess They were for Gods children
Old 10-16-2010, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by memereof8
I will be retiring after the New Year (thank God). I really went over my alloted time!!!! I have 8 Grandchildren. 6 boys and 2 girls. Love them all. Want to know something---one of my grandsons is facinated by the workings of the sewing machine. Told him I would teach him whatever he wants to know. Very proud of all of them. 2 graduated from college, 3 are in college, the others are in elementary, middle, and high school. My does time go by. Enjoyed every minute!!!
When I have been with my 4, almost 5, year old grandson,
this past year we have sewn together. He is very mechanically inclined so he loves to work the floor pedal. We first made his John Dheere apron by making a pattern out of newspaper, cut it and then he stood between my legs and worked the pedal and I guided my featherweight machine. He was very good about following my instructions to always stop when I told him to. He was very proud of himself.

I then let him sew on notebook paper while I was next to him, taught him how to leave the needle down and pivot. Little ones are often the most eager to do something big people like to do!

Those are really precious times and we will do more, for sure :!: :!: :!:
Old 10-16-2010, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by LindaWheattall
Have 7 grandkids and 3 great grandkids and for christmas i make them all something. mostly bags and purses for the girls and blankets and pillows for the boys. While I'm in Fla for the winter months I make small quilts for my great granddaughter's birthday in april. I'm busy with my sewing machine from nov.1 to Christmas.
We make "Grammy Jammies" for all of our grandkids for Christmas: 24 pairs this year and 26 pairs next year. We need to get started on them really soon. :shock: Fortunately, my DH helps out--makes the job much more fun and not so time consuming!
Old 10-16-2010, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by slk350
I have 1 grandson, age 4 who keeps telling his "mema" he wants to sew. I told him I'ld get him a sewing machine when he is a little older. Now all he says is..."When I get a little bit bigger, you'll get me a sewing machine so I can sew, right Mema ?" So precious
If I may make a suggestion: buy him a vintage sewing machine for $40 or less and let him sew without thread and sew on paper. He will love it. :-D
Old 10-16-2010, 10:34 PM

None yet - both my kids are married so I'm thinking maybe in the next couple of years.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:35 PM

I am a young grandmother of 26 and an even younger great-grandmother of 8. I just aged to my 72 years from counting all the grands. Love and enjoy each and every one of them whenever I get to see them. They're scattered all over the United States.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:54 PM

Hi, I too am so fortunate, I have 9 grandaughters and 3 grandsons and now am expecting my 7th great grandchild in two months. I also have four step grands and five great grands. They just keep coming out of the walls?
Mom of seven
Old 10-16-2010, 11:25 PM

I have 4, 3boys and one girl. They are all perfect and have lots of quilts. :D