Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Fat quilts for "fluffy" people >
  • Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

• Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

Old 10-27-2010, 06:29 AM

I've been storing my blocks in a gallon size zip lock bag.

Weighed myself this morning and I gained back 6.3 of the 6.4 lbs I had lost. Guess 6 of my blocks will have yo-yos on them.
    Old 10-27-2010, 06:37 AM

I keep my blocks on my design wall as inspiration. I guess I am lucky to have the space.
    Christina, Keep at it and you will take them off again. I decided against any block for gain because then I would probably have a quilt completed with only 2 pounds lost and gained. I find it helpful to step on the scale every morning but only official weight is on Monday. Keeps the 1/2 pound gain from getting bigger by next weigh in.
    Old 10-27-2010, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    I just realized I need something to store my blocks in. What to do. Last thing I need is another storage container, LOL.
    I use zip lock bags. They come in many sizes now, the gallon size usually holds my smaller squares but they also have 3 sizes that are larger. I found them at the .99 store and also at Target.
    Old 10-27-2010, 07:40 AM

I just realized I need something to store my blocks in. What to do. Last thing I need is another storage container, LOL.
    Ziploc bag or a pizza box. I would opt for the ziploc bag so you can see your beautiful blocks during the week.
    Old 10-27-2010, 08:07 AM

Ok, ladies I have read this thread from begining to last post. It really got my attention. Also reminded me that I had signed on for the challenge. But then life step in & I haven't been on here for sometime, well I forgot the weight challenge. Needless to say I haven't lost any, probably gained, scared to check but pretty sure that is the case.

Also don't forget too. Muscle weighs more than fat so if you think you haven't lost much you may have gained some muscle, hince the reshapeing.

2Doods I love your blocks. Mind if I do mine like yours. I too need small blocks because I will need so many & I love the scrappy look. When this is finished it will be a first for myself unless I finish my cat one first. I will have to put something up so I don't forget this time to keep checking back & posting success/failure, hoping for the former. You are all doing great even if you have just gotten started for starting is a huge step. I know because I have been telling myself to start exerciseing for sometime, yet to start. I want a treadmill but can't afford to by one right now. well enough said.
    Old 10-27-2010, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by DebJ
    Ok, ladies I have read this thread from begining to last post. It really got my attention. Also reminded me that I had signed on for the challenge. But then life step in & I haven't been on here for sometime, well I forgot the weight challenge. Needless to say I haven't lost any, probably gained, scared to check but pretty sure that is the case.

Also don't forget too. Muscle weighs more than fat so if you think you haven't lost much you may have gained some muscle, hince the reshapeing.

2Doods I love your blocks. Mind if I do mine like yours. I too need small blocks because I will need so many & I love the scrappy look. When this is finished it will be a first for myself unless I finish my cat one first. I will have to put something up so I don't forget this time to keep checking back & posting success/failure, hoping for the former. You are all doing great even if you have just gotten started for starting is a huge step. I know because I have been telling myself to start exerciseing for sometime, yet to start. I want a treadmill but can't afford to by one right now. well enough said.
    Join right in and it will be more fun with help! You will like those little blocks-easy to chain piece and lots of ways to lay them out. Great for using up scraps too.
    I have a treadmill-let me say it looks more fun than it is. We don't use it anymore. I have a friend that walks 1 hour a day year round-even in the snow. Needless to say, she does not need to lose any weight. I am trying to be like her. Still trying! She just bundles up and goes. Guess I better get some warmer mittens. Where are you? We need a map. You walk towards my house and I will walk towards yours. I will "meet" you half way.
    Get your shoes on! :thumbup: I'm getting my coat!
    2 Doods
    Old 10-29-2010, 03:39 AM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I lost another 2 1/2 pounds this month for a total of 5 1/2 for Oct.
    Old 10-29-2010, 03:42 AM

Good job! Now you get to make more blocks. I have lost a total of zip pounds this month. Sigh
    Old 10-29-2010, 04:04 AM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by lauriejo
    Good job! Now you get to make more blocks. I have lost a total of zip pounds this month. Sigh
    I'm sorry laurie. I take that to mean you haven't gain either?
    Old 10-29-2010, 04:07 AM

Well, that is the good news that I haven't gained either. But I haven't been walking very much this month so I shouldn't complain. When the weather starts to get cool and rainy all the joints start to scream at me and I get more and more sedentary.