Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - 1st of the Month, 2011 >

BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - 1st of the Month, 2011

BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - 1st of the Month, 2011

Old 01-21-2011, 09:09 AM

Hi, I'm not into paper piecing.Applique is my bag. Fat Cat patterns has a nice pattern that i"m using for the church. Peewee from Pa.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:40 AM

I loved learning PP and I need to practice before I forget again.

Originally Posted by Laura F
Originally Posted by Qbee
He-he-he.....Bird houses are already coming ;)

Originally Posted by mim
I like the idea of bird houses -- could be a house, a nest, a hole in a tree with a bird on a branch --- Bird houses are funky things -- I have a lobster buoy made into a bird house -- a chickadee nested in it last year

Mim
I can't wait to see if someone stepped up for February. I found a very cute farm house that I offered up if needed. The only thing is it's pp and we just had a pp block. I wouldn't mind another one, I loved doing them.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:19 AM

Thank you, Janet, for the info on the applique church pattern. I was going to pp the church and then fuse it to a 12 1/2 in. square. I prefer using the 12 1/2 in. applique block. thanks.
Jean
Old 01-22-2011, 04:33 PM

I'm new at BOM and was wondering if others are working on quilt projects along with the blocks.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:34 PM

I'm new at BOM and was wondering if others are working on quilt projects along with the blocks.
i am currently working on a king size grandmothers flower garden, 2 dear jane quilts, and 2 bom.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:48 PM

I am working on others; a pieced, an applique, and quilting 2 others. Also crochet/kniting and cross stitching. Variety is the spice of life, so they say!
Jeanine
Old 01-22-2011, 04:53 PM

I am finishing up a memory quilt, am part of the International Round Robin, and two row robins. I also have blocks from 4 different swaps that I need to get made into tops. Think I have enough to keep me busy in between the house BOM and the star BOM.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:17 PM

Hi, a newbie being drawn into a BOM!!!

I love houses but promised myself nothing new..mm.

The Church block is lovely so there goes my promise.

Actually it is fate really. the first quilt I ever made was a BOM by mail with fabric and it was houses too, it was a total disaster but I still have it and have always said one day I would make another one..so maybe it really isn't a new project, just an addition to the first one.

Oh how we can convince ourselves!!!

Thank you for the idea, I shall thoroughkly enjoy playing along this time I am certain.

XX Jeannine
Old 01-23-2011, 06:11 AM

This is my first BOM and PP project. I am currently working on a quilt as well as learning and practicing applique and piecing curves.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:27 AM

I have so many quilts in the making that for a few months, I will just collect the patterns of the new ones that I want to make. I have to finish some first. I have at least 4 almost finished. I am going to do this house BOM, Meadowsweet BOM that I printed last year, an animal quilt for my grandson and a Scout quilt for my other grandson next. There are many free BOM online and I collect the ones that I like. A few are: Favorite Flowers BOM by Debbie Mumm, Fiesta BOM at Fatcat patterns, Granny's Hankie BOM, Home, Sweet Home BOM, Jewels in the Crown BOM and Summer Daze BOM and Purses by With Needle and Thread BOM. I am just addicted but do not like to buy patterns when there are so many free ones online. That's all the more fabric that I can buy. Maybe some of you are interested in these. They are still free because it is still January. Some are only posted for 1 month before you have to pay for them. Others are left up for a couple of months. I hope this info helps some of you.
Jean from Pgh., PA