Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board". >

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Old 11-06-2011, 07:39 AM

Was on shock!!! After not having been on the board for a while, here I am wondering if this is still the same board or something else I had signed up with and not remembering.... ??? But what I'm looking for in this one is "where are the things I saved which were interesting and I wanted to get back to at a later date"??? Schock - I think they're all gone!!!
Old 11-06-2011, 07:41 AM

Ohhh...and I just see we're getting categorized now...into "junior member, member, super member, etc...." how do we get our titles???
Old 11-06-2011, 08:07 AM
Power Poster

Everyone is upset that the board was changed, but perhaps it had to be changed? Remember Konstantin sold this site, and went on to start the Knitting Paradise site with the exact same format as this board had. Maybe that format was his own property and part of the deal was that QB had a certain amount of time to find their own format??? Just speculating but it makes sense to me. This is how things are in business...

Gotta go now because I can't stand more than about 5 minutes here before the headache starts from the glare of the screen. MODERATORS: If you change nothing else, for Heaven's sake DARKEN THE BACKGROUND COLOR!
Old 11-06-2011, 08:44 AM

I liked the old board. It was easy to use, don't like this new one.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by katesnanna View Post
All the griping. Please folks give it a go. We all had to learn the original board and we will all learn this one too. Think how much smarter you will feel once you master it. Most of us don't like change but things change so fast these days, (especially computers) we have to keep up with technology or we will be considered living in the dark ages. All those members who say they are too old to change or learn new things, I bet you said that before you learned to use the computer. Now look how far you've come. Hang in there, ask questions of other members, just as always. There will be some one to help. I thought that's what we all loved about QB, the fact that the members were always willing to help.
You don't seem to understand. We ARE trying to adapt. I agree with the other posters, there isn't alot to like. For me, it takes 3 steps to do what it only took 1 step to do on the old board. Please stop acting like we are complaining just to complain. Alot of us (obviously) have very REAL complaints. So many *buttons* have been hidden from us and most of us just don't have the time to sit and hunt. This is why I left so many boards in the past, including paid sites.

I don't have a problem with the ad's since I don't see them. I use Ad Blocker Plus with Firefox and they are blocked for me.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:53 AM

I haven't figured out how to navigate the new format. Maybe a tutorial about the new procedure would be helpful. I miss the list of topics that I could browse through easily.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:55 AM

I like the old newsletter. What happened to the replies in our emails when someone else said something.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:57 AM

I'm sorry, but I have to agree with all of the negative comments made here. I am having quite a difficult time finding my way around here. I much prefer the old set-up. It was simpler and easy to maneuver around. I knew where to find things; it was comfortable. This new set-up is way too involved and I find myself having to back-track just to get somewhere else on here. I hate to complain, but I do wish we can go back to our old tried and true format. I find I'm not enjoying myself here anymore and not looking forward to signing on. BTW, I sign on, using all the right info, and it constantly rejects me 2-3 times before it allows me in. This old dog really doesn't need to learn any new tricks. Can't we make this fun again?
Old 11-06-2011, 09:05 AM

Not to beat a dead horse, but I just went through many of these 37 pages and if any one else takes the time to do so, especially the folks in charge, you will find that a VAST MAJORITY of members do not like the new format. I'm happy for those of you who have no problems finding things, but you are far out-numbered by we who are having great difficulties here. I AM computer savvy, but this is closing in fast on 'not being worth my time'....... and nothing makes me sadder to admit this as I have so enjoyed my time here with all of you. Moderators....would appreciate your input here.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by wendsy View Post
Just 1 thing? I guess my biggest problem is the way the content is set up. I liked the old newsletter that had all the new topics listed for each day with the catagories separating them. I liked knowing when sign-up for the new swaps were, now I can only find ones in progress.
DITTO! Also, I preferred it when the newsletters filled up my whole screen.