Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board". >

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Old 11-07-2011, 04:37 AM

I don't like the new format because its to hard to navigate. I have limited time so I just give up.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by bloomin'Iris View Post
You go Girl...And to top it off did you see what they want you to charge for orphan sqs, sqs or embroidered sq i.e. labels, strips of fabric per inch...1/2-5cent per inch or depending on catagory...So if I embroider quilting labels you can only charge 1/2-5 cent per inch...If sq is 4x4 I embroidered with thread, used stablizer and 100 percent cotton...am I missing something!!!! Might as well give it away for free...Were these the rules previously...I only remember no more then 60% of the cost of item?
Old 11-07-2011, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by mom dusty View Post
I agree totally... I liked looking at all of the pictures of quilts in one catagory. Where is that?
Click on HOME and you'll see pictures...but no kinda of order like the other posts and hard to tell what you read and didn't read...good luck
Old 11-07-2011, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by klutzyquilter View Post
Like others I am trying to navigate around but not knowing how to bookmark is disappointing ... and I don't know where to look for the answer. And I miss being able to click on the smile or frown that I want to use ...
From what I've seen you go to the top (thread tools) and subscribe block click on that...then you are taken to another page where you have a choice to put the topic into your subscribe folder or bookmark folder...what the diff is I have no clue....Just like I can't figure out why they have two spots to sell Yard Sales and For Sale...Anyway...click on either Subscribe or Bookmark...In order to then find those folders you have to go into your Profile...they are on the left hand side...So many steps....Not allot of time

Last edited by hobbykat1955; 11-07-2011 at 05:11 AM.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by ljsunflower View Post
You got that right!
Give it a couple of days?? Hasn't it been a couple of days already? I haven't seen any difference since the first day I came back & it looked like this.
There's no reason for people to say the rest of us with problems with the 'new' forum should chill out or get our big girl panties on or whatever other goof ball thing it is they are saying. This thread is for saying what we don't like about the forum. If you don't have a problem with the forum, why are you here??
I am one of the people that are starting to find their way around the forum. The reason I started following this thread was that I understand the frustration and thought if I could help relieve some of that frustration by giving some answers that it would help someone. I will now "butt out".
Old 11-07-2011, 08:12 AM

I just do not like it, I always looked forward to coming home after work and getting on the board, but now it takes to much navigation to find things, Can take it or leave it now
Old 11-07-2011, 08:27 AM

Can't figure out how to bookmark a site, such as a tutorial? Any suggestions?
I have a hard time with change I guess...I'll get the swing of it eventually.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:03 AM

I can't figure out how to bookmark new topics. I need step by step directions, I guess. Otherwise, I am begining to be able to navigate this site. I said I would give myself a week and if my then, I couln't learn it, I just wouldn't bother. However, it is gradually becoming clear, thank goodness. I would miss it so much.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:31 AM

It seems like this is one of the major complaints - trying to find out how to bookmark a topic. Maybe the mods could post a sticky topic on how to do this.

I have never used this feature but I know a lot of people do.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:41 AM
Power Poster

[QUOTE=ptquilts;4647216]It seems like this is one of the major complaints - trying to find out how to bookmark a topic. Maybe the mods could post a sticky topic on how to do this.
QUOTE]

There is a sticky topic in the QB Help Center forum to show how to Bookmark a topic(with pictures).