Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July 2010 Doll Quilt Swap (Optional Themes) >

July 2010 Doll Quilt Swap (Optional Themes)

July 2010 Doll Quilt Swap (Optional Themes)

Old 07-30-2010, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
I'm bummed. The post office assured me that my package would arrive today since I sent it priority. I guess my partner will have to wait another day.
I think I cam... I think I can......
Old 07-31-2010, 07:25 AM

Admin is going to move the pictures of the July doll quilts LastGrandma and I made for each other to here. In the mean time, here's a link to where she posted them in Pictures.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-57021-1.htm

I hope this works!!! Yea!!! I tested it, and it does work!!!
Old 07-31-2010, 07:33 AM
Power Poster

They are just wonderful!
Old 07-31-2010, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Janis
Admin is going to move the pictures of the July doll quilts LastGrandma and I made for each other to here. In the mean time, here's a link to where she posted them in Pictures.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-57021-1.htm

I hope this works!!! Yea!!! I tested it, and it does work!!!
I see that they were moved, no thanks to my bumbling on telling Admin the wrong place to put them in a PM. Thanks for moving them Admin so we can share the wonderful little quilt that LastGrandma made for me. ! love it!!!
Old 07-31-2010, 11:33 AM

I'm bummed. The post office assured me that my package would arrive today since I sent it priority. I guess my partner will have to wait another day.
IT CAME TODAY :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I will get a picture up later tonight. Every one is going to be very jealous and want you as their partner :lol: :lol: :lol:

To all the quilters- watch out we have a new standard to meet. MistyMarie is one talented lady :!: :!: :!:
Old 07-31-2010, 11:45 AM

Maybe we should put a rating on these swaps. The quilts I have received far surpass what I can make ,in return . I send mine out early so my partner sees the level I am working at.
I'm being honest, not modest.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:49 AM

I enjoy getting quilts from all levels of quilters, personally. I don't need to get something back that matches my knowledge or skills. Once I've sent one, I really view it as a gift to the other person, and theirs is a gift to me. Not an even exchange.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
Maybe we should put a rating on these swaps. The quilts I have received far surpass what I can make ,in return . I send mine out early so my partner sees the level I am working at.
All quilts are rated MARVELOUS!!!
There are so many talented people here. Each and everyone is terrific. The time, talent and thoughtfulness are greatly appreciated.
I think it is wonderful to make new friends, learn new skills and share our ideas and love with each other.

As Chele says " Long live the doll quilt swap" :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 07-31-2010, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by sapdoggie
Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
All quilts are rated MARVELOUS!!!
There are so many talented people here. Each and everyone is terrific. The time, talent and thoughtfulness are greatly appreciated.
I think it is wonderful to make new friends, learn new skills and share our ideas and love with each other.

As Chele says " Long live the doll quilt swap" :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
The only BAD quilters are the one who receive and don't send a quilt in exchange. Thank goodness there aren't many here!! And Chele weeds them out FAST!!!
Old 07-31-2010, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by sapdoggie
IT CAME TODAY :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I will get a picture up later tonight. Every one is going to be very jealous and want you as their partner :lol: :lol: :lol:

To all the quilters- watch out we have a new standard to meet. MistyMarie is one talented lady :!: :!: :!:
Thank you. I am glad you like it. While I was making that one, I did a second set of blocks to make myself one because I really liked the birdies... reminds me of my grandmother who passed away last year - she loved bluejays so much. (I haven't put it together yet, though. Lots of work.) Thank goodness for EQ7. I made my poor dh look about about ten different layouts and borders before choosing the one I did.

BTW... my dh said he was "stealing" your quilt to hang down in his reloading room. He likes the red, cream, and blue stars. I told him to keep his hands off!!!! It is hanging in MY sewing room.