Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today 2019 >

What are we organizing today 2019

What are we organizing today 2019

Old 11-27-2019, 08:24 PM

I have been organizing the past few days. I sorted the 4 large bags of fabric that were given to me. I sorted by color and put them in their appropriate tubs. I also took another donation with small yardages from a friend and put them near their like colors and made sure I labeled the boxes because I can’t see through cardboard. Lol!

oksewglad: I’m glad you didn’t need to travel last night. We only got about 4” of snow but my son said it was heavy.
Old 12-05-2019, 06:02 PM

Well, I am moved in to my new home and I am loving my sewing studio. Everything is unpacked and organized in sewing room (and rest of house but priorities..lol). We hire a carpenter to build my workspace....not much and only in one corner of room... The Murphy bed we ordered will have a work table that lowers when not in use...It's queen size so a nice work table. My sewing table is a big portable table that can be easily folded and stored in walk-in closet when I need the Murphy bed for company. In the meantime, I'm still working on fabric baskets to finish up my large scrap organizing.... Here are the 2 I made this week....my scrap drawer is almost empty...just a couple more colors to go... I'll share pictures when room completed....
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 12-06-2019, 05:52 AM
Power Poster

Teen, these are lovely and color themed to boot. What did you use for stabilizer? They stand up so nicely and will look great on open shelves. I have made some baskets to fit inside some plastic drawers and were made of some fabrics that fell out of "favor". But out of sight inside the drawers!
Old 12-06-2019, 07:58 AM

Teen-beautiful baskets and love how you color coordinated your baskets with the fabrics you store in them. Where did you get the pattern for these? Very interested.
Old 12-06-2019, 01:40 PM

Thank you!

Oksewglad.....I used regular batting but that is not what pattern says. They kept their shape so I'm good with using up scraps for these. Once you fill them with fabric they stand up and hold shape nicely, too. Overtime, if they begin to look bad, I'll do something different.

Jordan...I found a tutorial for these. Super easy and quick. I can't tell you how helpful it's been to search out fabrics/colors in my stash having these. Plus, they do look cute on a shelf.

https://blog.bernina.com/en/2015/09/...ons-for-quick/
Old 12-06-2019, 04:40 PM

Spent some time moving things around and reorganizing my Happy Place today - its amazing how easy small sewing rooms can turn into a big mess!

Its all for a good purpose though... making room for my Cutterpillar Glow Ultra LED cutting system! All of my 20+ year old cutting mats have seen better days and it was time to finally think about replacing them before retirement in a couple years. Had been eyeing the Cutterpillars for a while - but the 40% off sale this week made a lot of sense to me, so i went for it! Delivered this afternoon but i am thinking of putting it in a different place than planned - so now i gotta move things again!
Old 12-06-2019, 06:02 PM

April...I've never heard of a cutterpillar so I'm going to look it up. Congrats on finally getting something you've always wanted....and for getting your sewing area organized. Before I moved, I had a small sewing nook and my stuff took constant focus to stay neat and tidy enough to find anything. I so hear you!

Jordan.....I made this fabric basket tonight... I won't share anymore pics but I thought I'd make one and time myself. It took 1 1/2 hrs but I've made a few so add on another 30 mins for your first one....and another 30 mins to quilt it, which I'm not doing. Then...you'll be whipping them out too.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  

Last edited by Teen; 12-06-2019 at 06:07 PM.
Old 12-07-2019, 09:34 AM

Those are really nice, Teen and congratulations on getting your sewing room up and running!

Rob
Old 12-07-2019, 12:16 PM

Teen your basket is marvelous!

I'm slowly working through my quilt books hoping to thin the pile just a wee bit before the holidays.

But mainly I'm organizing the bathroom and laundry room after extricating the mousey!
Old 12-08-2019, 06:47 AM
Power Poster

Teen, those are fabulous!! How clever to make them in the colors of your fq.
I can't wait to see your room!!!!!!!!!