Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Hot Air Balloon Swap - Signup Closed Blocks due by Sept 3 >

Hot Air Balloon Swap - Signup Closed Blocks due by Sept 3

Hot Air Balloon Swap - Signup Closed Blocks due by Sept 3

Old 09-02-2010, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by purplesharon
my 2 sets should be coming to you by monday or tuesday which ever day i can bring free from helping my husband and get to the post office.
And they came today!!! two sets wow.....
Old 09-02-2010, 08:05 PM

My blocks should've landed by now, but I was so rushed to get them out that I forgot to put my name on my blocks. I used JudyG's hot air balloon pattern. Thank you so much Judy, for sharing the pattern. I would've been too intimidated to try this swap with out the use of your pattern. This has been so much fun! My blocks have blue sky as background and pastel heart fabric in browns, pinks, greens yellow and also some yellow and orange polka dots. Everyone is so talented and it's been so much fun to see all the different balloons. Thanks for letting me be a part of this great swap!!
Old 09-02-2010, 08:59 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Yeah, what she said. :-)
Old 09-03-2010, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by zjsquiltymomma
My blocks should've landed by now, but I was so rushed to get them out that I forgot to put my name on my blocks. I used JudyG's hot air balloon pattern. Thank you so much Judy, for sharing the pattern. I would've been too intimidated to try this swap with out the use of your pattern. This has been so much fun! My blocks have blue sky as background and pastel heart fabric in browns, pinks, greens yellow and also some yellow and orange polka dots. Everyone is so talented and it's been so much fun to see all the different balloons. Thanks for letting me be a part of this great swap!!
Blocks came late yesterday afternoon. Just waiting for the last few. I have some who signed up that haven't asked for the addy or indicated they had problems. So sad then we anticipate 30 some and just over half actually participate. Oh well, what we have is great and they will be coming back to you next week!
Old 09-03-2010, 09:48 AM

That's a bummer not everyone participated. However, I am so looking forward to putting this fun hot air balloon quilt together!
Originally Posted by Deb watkins
Originally Posted by zjsquiltymomma
Blocks came late yesterday afternoon. Just waiting for the last few. I have some who signed up that haven't asked for the addy or indicated they had problems. So sad then we anticipate 30 some and just over half actually participate. Oh well, what we have is great and they will be coming back to you next week!
Old 09-03-2010, 10:59 AM

I hope mine come today like they said it would.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:30 PM

I'm glad my balloons have landed and get to rest alittle before taking off again
Old 09-03-2010, 07:35 PM

Well, several of you should have received pm's from the group activity notices. If you did, and it stated that blocks to be mailed on 9/7, that is a mistake, as they are going to be sent sailing...... TOMORROW!!!!!!!
I am waiting for 3 more sets that should come in Sat sometime. These balloons are just too cute. I love everyone's creativity in this block. Special thanks to our pattern makers, you gave many of us the opportunity to participate because of the designing talent YOU were willing to share so graciously.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
Well, several of you should have received pm's from the group activity notices. If you did, and it stated that blocks to be mailed on 9/7, that is a mistake, as they are going to be sent sailing...... TOMORROW!!!!!!!
I am waiting for 3 more sets that should come in Sat sometime. These balloons are just too cute. I love everyone's creativity in this block. Special thanks to our pattern makers, you gave many of us the opportunity to participate because of the designing talent YOU were willing to share so graciously.
I want to say a BIG THANK YOU also to the people that made these patterns and shared with all of us. You are ALL AMAZING!!!
Old 09-04-2010, 08:29 AM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Thank you, thank you, thank you, to everyone who provided patterns and support. I nearly dropped out because I didn't have any idea what to do. I followed my first pattern for these balloons and only because you all offered encouragement. Getting past my mental blocks is not easy. I can't express how much I appreciate you all.