Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Hot Air Balloon Swap - Signup Closed Blocks due by Sept 3 >

Hot Air Balloon Swap - Signup Closed Blocks due by Sept 3

Hot Air Balloon Swap - Signup Closed Blocks due by Sept 3

Old 09-04-2010, 04:29 PM

I want to thank everyone also for sharing their patterns. I was only going to do one set but seeing another pattern posted that was faster I made a second set. THANK YOU ! THABK YOU! and did I say THANK YOU!
Old 09-09-2010, 02:25 PM

Anybody received the blocks? I am dying here...
Old 09-09-2010, 03:04 PM

They should be there this week!!! I am sending out the last few tomorrow as I was waiting for one that was running low on hot air.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:56 PM

I love the way you put things Deb....LOL
Old 09-09-2010, 05:31 PM

Okay all you "Pilots", as of 9:29pm Thursday, Sept 9,the last of the blocks have been put in the box to fly to the PO first thing tomorrow morning.
Hot Air Balloon swap is now completed! This was a fun swap, I hope your balloons land safely and you are happy with them. We had various levels of skills and pattern designs, and I have to say that I was thrilled with ALL OF THEM. Thank you for participating in my swap.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:34 PM

I am anxiously and impatiently waiting for them to land. It will be so much fun to see which ones I get. I'm thinking my grandsons will love balloon quilts for Christmas.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by JudyG
I am anxiously and impatiently waiting for them to land. It will be so much fun to see which ones I get. I'm thinking my grandsons will love balloon quilts for Christmas.
Ahhhh Judy, the balloons blow in the wind.....no telling exactly when they will land, but those mailed Tues should be there by Saturday at the latest, and those mailed Friday should be there by Thurs at the latest......
Old 09-09-2010, 08:02 PM

thank you Deb for hosting this. i really enjoyed this in spite of power outages and the tornado we had this spring.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:50 AM

Thank you Deb for hosting this-I really did enjoy doing my balloons-even if they never did land :-( I hope they show up at your house at some point or find their way back home. I am writing a formal complaint to my local postmaster as this is the third package (not for this board but in total over the last few months) that has gone MIA. I usually use the Post Office near my job to mail anything for the board because they are AWESOME but due to circumstances I had no choice but to mail from my home PO on this one! We shall see what happens.
Hugs
April
Old 09-10-2010, 10:56 AM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Thank you Deb for hosting this-I really did enjoy doing my balloons-even if they never did land :-( I hope they show up at your house at some point or find their way back home. I am writing a formal complaint to my local postmaster as this is the third package (not for this board but in total over the last few months) that has gone MIA. I usually use the Post Office near my job to mail anything for the board because they are AWESOME but due to circumstances I had no choice but to mail from my home PO on this one! We shall see what happens.
Hugs
April
April, I didn't know about your HAB plight. I would be happy to share mine and make a few extra so you can still be part of this swap. It is so sad that you did the work and went to the expense. I can send you six from my set, you could do three for you and three for me, and I could do three for you and three for me, and we would each have one complete set; OR, I can just send six from my set and we can fill in with six blocks we make for ourselves. Sounds like a pretty good plan to me. How about you?
BrendaB