Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Hot Air Balloon Swap - Signup Closed Blocks due by Sept 3 >

Hot Air Balloon Swap - Signup Closed Blocks due by Sept 3

Hot Air Balloon Swap - Signup Closed Blocks due by Sept 3

Old 09-11-2010, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Originally Posted by BrendaB
Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Thank you Deb for hosting this-I really did enjoy doing my balloons-even if they never did land :-( I hope they show up at your house at some point or find their way back home. I am writing a formal complaint to my local postmaster as this is the third package (not for this board but in total over the last few months) that has gone MIA. I usually use the Post Office near my job to mail anything for the board because they are AWESOME but due to circumstances I had no choice but to mail from my home PO on this one! We shall see what happens.
Hugs
April
April, I didn't know about your HAB plight. I would be happy to share mine and make a few extra so you can still be part of this swap. It is so sad that you did the work and went to the expense. I can send you six from my set, you could do three for you and three for me, and I could do three for you and three for me, and we would each have one complete set; OR, I can just send six from my set and we can fill in with six blocks we make for ourselves. Sounds like a pretty good plan to me. How about you?
BrendaB
Oh Brenda that is so thoughtful of you! Would you want six different HAB? I have one that I made as a workup for my pattern and I can make 5 others using different fabrics or I can do a couple pieced and a couple hand appliqued? Thank you so much (I promise I will mail yours from my job PO!)
Send me a PM so we can chat about it :-)
Hugs
April
April, count with one HAB from me. Let me find the pattern I used (home made) and allow me a couple of days. If you look at butterflyblue's picture, my balloon is the first one in the middle row.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:08 PM

Deb,
I received my balloons today; they are all beautifull. I'll post a picture tomorrow. I loved this my very first swap ever!
thanks
Old 09-11-2010, 10:14 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by leakus
Deb,
I received my balloons today; they are all beautifull. I'll post a picture tomorrow. I loved this my very first swap ever!
thanks
I'm so glad you had a positive experience with your first swap. These are the best people. Hope you will be in many more swaps to come. :-)
Old 09-12-2010, 10:53 AM

My beautiful blocks came yesterday and my husband and I sat down together and admired them. Thank you, Deb, for organizing the swap. I enjoyed it and will try more swaps. Baba71
Old 09-12-2010, 11:08 AM

Here are the blocks I received. Admire them! I do!

All the HAB
[ATTACH=CONFIG]90385[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-90380.jpe  
Old 09-12-2010, 05:31 PM

I have some blocks that I am going to send to April as well.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by leakus
Deb,
thanks
I am glad that you enjoyed your first swap! There are lots to choose from......don't hesitate if there is one you really like!
Old 09-13-2010, 11:11 AM

Don't know if this is the right place to post but I got my Hot Air Swaps on Friday. Wow! This is going to be fun to put together. A couple of my blocks did not arrive with names on them so when I do the post of Thank Yous I will be short.
This is so much fun and I feel I am learning more and more. Just seeing what others do is more of a help to me than I could have imagined. I hope my quality gets better.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:40 PM

Some of the sticky labels came unstuck when they were hovering on the couches and tables..... and yes, this IS the place to post!
Old 09-13-2010, 02:15 PM

Yay,
Had a squisshy in the mail box today, floated all the way to the west coast !! Couldn't keep them contained in the package longer than the time it took to get to the car :)
They are all Beautiful and will make a Great Quilt, that I will keep for me in honor of my first swap!!! ,

Thanks to all who contributed !! (with or without a label)
Deb for keeping us organized.. THANK YOU !! :)