Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-02-2011, 11:04 AM

Thank you all for your support and words of encouragement! That is where this board is going to come in handy.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Grandma Cindy
Is it too late in the day to join for 2011?
You can join I think you are the 100th person to join.

Some lucky person will be winning 99 FQ's....................quilt heaven!!!!!!!!
Old 01-02-2011, 11:24 AM

You can do it NannySandy One day at a time. Start small and work up to more. Like Carol says she could barely make a block now 25 miles. Good for you Carol. I was 220 and am now 177 (after gaining a few over Christmas) I walk 2 miles a day and do 30 minites on the elliptical. I was huffing after a block at first and didn't start on the elliptical until Nov. 1. I started in May 2010.
You can do it. You go Girl.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:26 AM

I do not ever want to be "thin". I want to be healthy no matter the number on the scale. If I were to place a number It would be 200. After spending 10 years weighing over 400...200 would be great!

I know that there are not anyone on this thread that weigh what I weigh but that is not stopping me from doing what I can to lose weight.

I hope that makes sense. I am also posting in this message a secret that was posted today on postsecrets that I can relate to.

Missy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-151874.jpe  
Old 01-02-2011, 11:33 AM

Ok, I'm in. I do the old Weight Watchers. I am not going to learn a new system now; too confusing. I do realy well with the old points! Dotty
Old 01-02-2011, 11:41 AM

Recouping from recent knee surgery. Still on crutches. Will do upper body exercising until I can do more than my physical therapy exercises with my right leg. I figure as long as I'm moving "something", that is better than nothing. I'm looking forward to getting mobility back in my right leg. I'll do what I can and step it up as I can. Thanks for the support.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
Ok, I'm in. I do the old Weight Watchers. I am not going to learn a new system now; too confusing. I do realy well with the old points! Dotty
OMG You have to have such will power, no pizza or bagels or NY food...........maybe moving to Ohio isn't such a bad thing, food wise as what they have out here tastes like crap. lol
Cininnati is famous for Cincinnati chili, which has cocoa in it and God only knows what else. The smell alone makes you toss your cookies. I swear someone come up with the recipe to cover up the taste of road kill..................I'M NOT KIDDING :lol: :lol:
Old 01-02-2011, 11:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
I am also posting in this message a secret that was posted today on postsecrets that I can relate to.

Missy
i want to look like her......she is not super thin she looks healthy and fit. give me 4 months that will be me.......
Old 01-02-2011, 11:58 AM

I had a stomach virus the last 24 hours, nothing, I mean Nothing, sounds good. I've eaten crackers and 7up.

My weight loss is off to a good jump start for this month!
Old 01-02-2011, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
OMG You have to have such will power, no pizza or bagels or NY food...........maybe moving to Ohio isn't such a bad thing, food wise as what they have out here tastes like crap. lol
Cininnati is famous for Cincinnati chili, which has cocoa in it and God only knows what else. The smell alone makes you toss your cookies. I swear someone come up with the recipe to cover up the taste of road kill..................I'M NOT KIDDING :lol: :lol:
You know...I thought that way about alot of the food here in South Dakota (I am from Texas) but I decided the best thing to do was make my own and then I control all the nutrition and all the ingredients. You could do the same thing and enjoy that pizza or other things.

Have you seen the Thin Bagels? They are bagels that are thinner than the regular ones and have only 110 calories. They are very yummy and you really do not miss the extra calories.

Missy