Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • my h3 n the gas station n storms >
  • my h3 n the gas station n storms

• my h3 n the gas station n storms

Old 07-01-2011, 11:25 AM

Just a quick note for everyone.....the gas station personnel is supposed to check each tank twice a day for water....there is a paste that they put on the end of a very long wooden stick and "stick" the tank....if there is water, it will change color. If you ever have problems like that, make them check each tank for water to prove there is no problem. Trust me, I worked at a gas station and checking the tanks was a twice daily chore (no fun in winter).
    Old 07-01-2011, 11:33 AM

Called (BP) right away, Response (NO ONE ELSE COMPLAINED) Called and wrote to (BP) repeatly NOT OUR PROBLEM NO ONE ELSE COMPLAINED. BP has always said the guarentee there fuel. What they guarentee is the will DO NOTHING. $2000 to buy new fuel injectors and clean out all damage BP did to my VW because of the water in the fuel system.
    IF YOU WANT TO RUIN YOUR CAR BY (BP) FUEL. THEY GUARENTEE TO NOT REPAIR THE DAMAGE THEY DO.[/quote]
    ---------------------------------------
    Go right then to the nearest newspaper AND a TV station. Ask friends who is a hard driving news reporter who loves to dig out the dirt. When this is published, I'll bet others come out of the woodwork, saying they were told THEY the only ones who reported it, etc. Then start threatening to go to a lawyer and the newspaper again and a TV station, etc.
    Old 07-01-2011, 11:44 AM
    Kas

Originally Posted by knlsmith
    UPDATE

Got her back this afternoon. Purrs like a kitten again. Drain fuel from whole system, concentrateD injector cleaner, full tank of new gas, oil change. Just under $600 for repairs and $164 for towing.

The gas station told me to bring bills in Monday. They had other people also. There were also other stations in town.

I will update after Monday.

So happy she's better!!
    This leads me to believe the supplier either was trying to cheat people, or one of their employees was selling the gas out from under them and replacing it with water. Hopefully they will catch and prosecute the jerk. That happened out here where I live a couple of years ago.
    Old 07-01-2011, 12:41 PM

i Hate to say it, but it sounds like it. The other gas stations thay it happened to all got a shipment on Sunday/ Monday ( night time) from same oil company. I will update as more news comes along.

I hope that this will help someone who has the same problem.

Originally Posted by Kas
    Originally Posted by knlsmith
    UPDATE

Got her back this afternoon. Purrs like a kitten again. Drain fuel from whole system, concentrateD injector cleaner, full tank of new gas, oil change. Just under $600 for repairs and $164 for towing.

The gas station told me to bring bills in Monday. They had other people also. There were also other stations in town.

I will update after Monday.

So happy she's better!!
    This leads me to believe the supplier either was trying to cheat people, or one of their employees was selling the gas out from under them and replacing it with water. Hopefully they will catch and prosecute the jerk. That happened out here where I live a couple of years ago.
    Old 07-02-2011, 04:07 AM

So glad your baby got better! She's a beauty!