Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Would this be weird? >

Would this be weird?

Would this be weird?

Old 09-10-2011, 03:16 PM

My DH the dog and me our ashes will be scatered in the ocean or gulf of Mexaco my DS knows what to do and I have him on my cd so there is money to take care of it.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by quilter1430
So you're question is not about if it's okay for you and your husband to design the tombstone yourself, but it it were strange to have a quilt or sewing machine on the stone, right? I think this is a lovely idea! Absolutely wonderful!
My sister-in-law had a picture of my brother in his midget race car put on his gravestone. I think it is a great idea. He was also buried in his racing suit holding a black/white checkered victory flag.

:thumbup:
Old 09-10-2011, 04:09 PM

We keep talking about doing that too. I don't want my children to spend what little money I have to bury me. We want all the decisions made and paid for.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:14 PM

No it isn't weird, it is quaint and helps say something about you; just as the marine corps emblem with say something about your husband.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:25 PM

No, I don't think that's weird. Personally, I like to go to cemetaries and wander around looking at the really old headstones and also the ones that have added extra personal touches like you are thinking about. Does that make me weird?
Old 09-10-2011, 04:28 PM

I think it is a terrific idea. Since I don't want to be stuck in the ground somewhere I plan to be cremated and then my late hubby and I will be scattered off a beautiful mountain or scattered on the ocean....I want to be with the birds or the beautiful fishes. Hope I can make up my mind soon and then not be concerned anymore about it.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:29 PM

I think everything that you prepare just makes it easier for the loved ones you leave behind. And a quilt in the corner of the stone would be very attractive. It's kind of a warm fuzzy kind of thing for people to remember when they visit you.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:06 PM
Power Poster

I truely appreciate when people don't trun their heads away from the inevitable. Being prepared is one of the kindest things you could do for the family. I think it is a cool idea to have preperations at hand.

I really like the idea of your DH. I think he rocks!

One very important thing to keep in mind for everyone is that instructions should never be kept in a safty deposite box because no one can get into them in a quick way. All instructions should be kept in a place where the whole family knows where to find them. And I think several copies are a good idea too.

My MIL lived with me for forty years. She was 95 and now resides in a pretty wood box and shares the sun porch, my quilting and her rocking chair. We have great conversations! My only problem is who will care for her when I'm no longer here!
Old 09-10-2011, 05:08 PM

NOT WIERD-----
Old 09-10-2011, 06:37 PM

how great! My grandfather put tulips across the bottom of his tombstone - he was known in town for having a large patch of tulips.

I think a quilt would be pretty.