Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 09-29-2011, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
wish i could be there to hold your hand! hugs, honey! use your strength to fight this thing and get well! we're all on your side and by your side! peace and love, nanci
Thank you Nanci, I know you would love to be here not only for me but to see that beautiful grandbaby of yours.

I will conquer this and wont be kept down.

Cindy
Old 09-29-2011, 08:53 PM

cindy-- i can honestly say i wasn't thinking about olivia when i said that!lol, but i wouldn't refuse to see her if i was there! as it is, her other grandmother is having a heart valve replaced soon, but i don't know when. so who knows, anything could happen as i have offered to come down and watch the baby for them so josh can work and kristen can support her mom. of course, she does have other friends who live a lot closer and would be happy i'm sure, to spend time with miss o. i have a strong belief in your ability to surmount this! you have already shown courage under fire dealing with your parents so some little inanimate skanky tumor is not going to get to you and bring you down.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:02 PM

Ok,I'm in too.Sept has not been a good month for me.But am feeling better.The penecillin the dr put me on is starting to work.I really have been ill this last month.Infection all thru my body running rampid and feeling sick to my stomach from the meds.So will be posting more as I'm feeling better.Got 6 more days on the antibiotics at 4 X a day.Not much rest,as every 6 hrs I have to take a crappy pill that makes me feel really queezy.So now have to take them with a slim fast meal,and found that it's helping a lot.So,good luck ladies,I'm going to be keeping a good eye on nancia,as she's doing great,and irishrose too.She did really well this month.I have made it my goal this month to reach my 100 pound mark.That would put me at 150 pounds.Wish me luck.I am going to need it.Someone put a challenge out for us all to meet this month that is reachable.I do better.Good luck to all.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Xylie55
Ok,I'm in too.Sept has not been a good month for me.But am feeling better.The penecillin the dr put me on is starting to work.I really have been ill this last month.Infection all thru my body running rampid and feeling sick to my stomach from the meds.So will be posting more as I'm feeling better.Got 6 more days on the antibiotics at 4 X a day.Not much rest,as every 6 hrs I have to take a crappy pill that makes me feel really queezy.So now have to take them with a slim fast meal,and found that it's helping a lot.So,good luck ladies,I'm going to be keeping a good eye on nancia,as she's doing great,and irishrose too.She did really well this month.I have made it my goal this month to reach my 100 pound mark.That would put me at 150 pounds.Wish me luck.I am going to need it.Someone put a challenge out for us all to meet this month that is reachable.I do better.Good luck to all.
Hi Xylie! We've wondered where you've been. Sorry that you have been so ill. Glad that you are being treated.

We've missed you.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:40 PM

Well I got a bad tooth.So after it's better I can have it fixed,or pulled.I didn't want penicillin,as it gives me yeast infection.But the dr said it was the best.So am eating yogurt too.And am getting cranberry juice.So,hopefully I won't get it.But do have some medicine for it if I do.I'm just one who never gets sick,ever.We haven't even had a cold in 7 yrs.So am rebounding fast.These antibiotics are working good.I feel a lot better already.So,should give me a good start for the winter bugs everybody brings down here from everywhere.This is going to be a l-o-n-g- month in october.I see candy everywhere I turn in town.But I pass right on by them and don't even blink an eye.Good thing,or I'd weigh a lot more.As I did use to love candy.Thank goodness we can reprogram ourselves.I'd rather have a nice salad now.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:43 PM

ok, gang! for xylie and me, it's a 5 lb challenge again! next month i think we should raise it, since it will include t'giving and we'll all want to splurge. but this month let's go with the 5. those of you who didn't make your goal have another chance. think about how you can do things differently to "gain" success instead of pounds. lots of us write down every crumb that passes our lips. even that half a tortilla chip. you may see where you are torpedoing yourself. every morning, or afternoon in my case, look in that bathroom mirror, and tell yourself "I CAN DO THIS" and "I AM DOING THIS" I can lose weight because i want to and i am in control of me, and i am in control of what i eat! and if you haven't had so much water you feel your liver swimming, you haven't had enough! Drink. More. Water! see you at the goal posts!
Old 09-29-2011, 10:57 PM

Count me in please! I've lost a total of 20 pounds in almost a year - I think I need a little more motivation!
Old 09-30-2011, 03:29 AM

I'm in and thanks for doing this!
Old 09-30-2011, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by NanaDInkel
I'm in and thanks for doing this!
Welcome to the Board! Glad that you have joined our group.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by Demshine
Count me in please! I've lost a total of 20 pounds in almost a year - I think I need a little more motivation!
This group will help you continue your loss. Glad to have you join us.