Ads we'll never see again

Old 09-30-2011, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by TanyaL
Families went to church together. Kids were safe 24/7 anywhere in town. You could be a middle income family on one income. Everyone was polite; kids had manners. You knew that when you grew up you could be anything that you wanted to be if you wanted to work hard enough and study hard enough. All our products were made in America and they lasted for years and years and years. There was pride in your family, your town, your state and your country and it was talked about openly. You could brag about them without anyone getting hurt feelings because they bragged about theirs. Americans were proud of being Americans.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Uhmmm... I have that mixer.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:19 PM

My DGD gives my great grand a teaspoon of coke syrup for colic. Works like a charm. Beats the heck out of chemicals.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:25 PM

What is coke syrup make from?
Old 09-30-2011, 05:58 PM
Banned

Families went to church together. Kids were safe 24/7 anywhere in town. You could be a middle income family on one income. Everyone was polite; kids had manners. You knew that when you grew up you could be anything that you wanted to be if you wanted to work hard enough and study hard enough. All our products were made in America and they lasted for years and years and years. There was pride in your family, your town, your state and your country and it was talked about openly. You could brag about them without anyone getting hurt feelings because they bragged about theirs. Americans were proud of being Americans.
Amen!
Old 09-30-2011, 06:35 PM

back then the adds were putting women down now they only put men (especialy husbands) and parents down they are just as stupid today as they were then. now there justy picking on another group off people.
Originally Posted by Peckish
It will be interesting to see which of today's ads seem ridiculous in 20 years!
Old 09-30-2011, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by lindy-2
back then the adds were putting women down now they only put men (especialy husbands) and parents down they are just as stupid today as they were then. now there justy picking on another group off people.
Originally Posted by Peckish
It will be interesting to see which of today's ads seem ridiculous in 20 years!
This is very true. I hate it when I see commercials with mom, a couple of kids, a dog, and NO dad. I also hate commercials that make men/husbands look stupid, and wives like snarky know-it-alls.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:55 AM

Thank goodness it was before my time. Good riddance.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:32 AM

Interesting. Glad most of those times are gone, at least in most of the US. I am sure there are some women out there (not on out quiltboard, of course) who think some of this is par for the course. LOL
Old 10-01-2011, 04:35 AM

Wow
Old 10-01-2011, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by morelcabin
Amen!
And yet, black GI's came back from WW2 and still had to sit in the back of the bus and could not vote, in some states. And Japanese-American citizens came back from internment camps, where they had been sent with no due process, to find their homes, farms, and businesses belonged to someone else now.

I for one am glad those days are in the past.