Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bed runners >

Bed runners

Bed runners

Old 10-08-2011, 04:54 AM

That is what I was thinking also. If I had something like that on my bed, it would have fallen off the bed before I even got to sleep. Sometimes my covers are all twisted and such, that is all I need something to fall onto the floor, then the dogs would have something warm to sleep on down there (or worse) :D

Sibyl

Originally Posted by fabric_fancy
for me its just for looks - if my feet are cold i'd rather put on socks then have a bed runner that i'd just kick off in my sleep.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:26 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

Originally Posted by oldcatlady
I plan on making a few. It's nice not having to make a full size quilt. It will go faster since I handquilt. I like the look and I get overheated during the night but my feet are cold. Also I have two cats that sleep near my feet so it will be easier to toss it in the washer instead of a full size quilt. :)
exactly! cept my visitors are dogs.
Old 10-08-2011, 05:29 AM

I plan to make several and change when I want a different look. I also have cold feet year round. Right now I use a folded throw that I made out of fleece. Best and most used thing I ever made!
Old 10-08-2011, 06:00 AM

I thought that bed runners were to protect the covering from getting dirty when putting suitcases on the bed. There was one on our bed at a hotel.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
I saw a lot of them in my travels lately. I thought the hotels had them on the bed to prevent travelers from putting their feet on the bedspread....as a protection for the bedspread. I love the idea. And then realized when I got home that I have one on my bed --- it's called a folded blanket!!!! :)
oh yeah, i have a blanket too, never realized there was such a thing as a acutal bed runner!!!
Old 10-08-2011, 06:35 AM

I think They are for plain bed covers to add a splash of color to help decorate the bed, probably go good with wholecloth's I would imagine
Old 10-08-2011, 06:42 AM

That sure would be a fun way to try out different patterns without committing to a whole quilt!
Old 10-08-2011, 06:43 AM

I use mine to change the look of the room every season. I have a white coverlet and I make new pillow covers and a new bed runner and it completely changes the room. I love to decorate but the money doesn't allow much so this way I have a new room for very little money. In Spring and summer I use a very thin batting and in winter and fall I use a very thick batting to give a warm and fluffy look.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:53 AM

I look at it ths way.... ALL of the above are perfect uses for a "bed runner".. bt my FAVORITE , is getting to use up some of the wonderful fabric i "just had to have".. makes sense,,, we are attracted to colors and prints we like, so aren't they perfect!!! LOL
As for a pattern... check out the charm square table runner at Missouri Quilt Co... that could make a super runner... I was fooling around and made one from a charm square pack and my family can't say enough about how much they like it...That's something... for i'm always making something, but never such positive comments.. i'll look for link..GrammaBabs
http://blog.missouriquiltco.com/bask...nner-tutorial/
Old 10-08-2011, 06:54 AM

I've used a quilt, folded in 1/2 as a bed runner for so many years, that when this bedrunner came out, I thought, "hey, I've done that for many years!