Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Husbands should never ask questions about fabric... >

Husbands should never ask questions about fabric...

Husbands should never ask questions about fabric...

Old 11-20-2011, 05:01 PM

My DH nevers complains about me buying fabric...it would do any good. No need to raise his blood pressure. I am lacking good background fabrics like the tone on tone whites and creams. It seems that when i use something from my stash, i have to go to the quilt shop because I am missing one piece of a certain color that will work well with the others pieces to complete the quilt. Then , I see something else that I can't live without and buy some of that too. It's a never ending battle.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:16 AM

My husband is definetly don't ask don't tell lol
Old 11-21-2011, 04:22 AM

Good for you... keeping up with womens issues, is womens work LMAO.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:15 AM

I just went out yesterday and purchased some storage boxes. I am hosting Thanksgiving and my sister-in-law, who is also a quilter will be here. I am sure she will want a tour of my quilting stuff. I tried to organize a little. I am in the middle of making my monthly quota of Linus quilts as well as little "pillowcase" dresses for one of my church's chairity projects as well as embroiderying the front of some sweatshirts I got on sale from Walmart for me to wear this winter. The embroidery helps to hide the food stains that somehow always land on my more than generous chest. The sister-in-law is envious because I was able to turn my daughter's former bedroom into my quilting/sewing/computer room. She still has two fulltime sons living at home who will probably never leave. My fabric stash is for the most part stored in a backroom off my club basement. Most of the fabric is in boxes and other storage containers. My official sewing room only houses 4 machines and a small cutting/ironing station.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:23 AM

Alternate response: I love your creativity and skills but can you tell me how many houses, book shelves and home repair projects, etc., etc., etc. can you make with your stash of wood and other materials and tools in the garage? Love you.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:29 AM

My DH quilts now too. so, I don't have to worry about him very much. But, at first it took me a while to explain about needing different colors and things that match and especially the significance of what scrappy is all about. Now, that he is quilting. He is always searching for different colors!
Old 11-21-2011, 05:30 AM

Gee, my answer would be, " How many more boxes of golf balls do you need to buy to continue your golf game?"
Old 11-21-2011, 05:32 AM

I think I have a decent stash, until I start to make something that I haven't specifically planned for. Then I always have to run to the store to get whatever I was lacking. It's a horrible way to live, but someone has to do it! LOL
Old 11-21-2011, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by MissM View Post
That is easy, I am always lacking something...because I have more projects in my head than time.
Yep, me too Miss M. Not only do I have projects in my head, I have two binders for future projects.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:21 AM

You set him straight huh.....my DH mosied into my space and muttered....if there's a fire this room will s,molder for days!