Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I have wanted to post this for a long time >

I have wanted to post this for a long time

I have wanted to post this for a long time

Old 12-23-2011, 04:44 AM

Having "planned" 3 funerals in my family, I truly appreciate the professionalism of a funeral director. We use the same funeral home for all of our family and they have always been courteous, professional, compassionate, empathetic, and have never tried to steer us in a more expensive direction. Truth be told, all 3 funerals have been "pre-paid" arrangements which really makes the experience smoother. Burial plots have been in our family for decades so perhaps my experience is the exception and not the rule. The deceased had already made the plans that THEY wished for and paid for. Fortunately, the deaths were "expected" vs a tragedy death so that helps too. Emotional? sure, they all were but by the time you sit down with a funeral director to finalize plans, you've had some time to grieve and get your thoughts together for the most part. The toughest part for me is always that first, private family viewing. Not the arrangements.

I don't see funeral directors, funeral homes,etc as "morbid". Just a part of life. I think I could do your job and I applaud you achieving your goal and gaining employment for having done so. I have not followed your journey but I will do a search to read about it.

The best of success to you for 2012!!
sandy
Old 12-23-2011, 04:55 AM

Congratulations on your 2 new jobs. Buy you a notebook and keep tract of every cemetery you go to.
My brother is a funeral director and loves it. He left it last year and after 6 weeks went back. He missed it a lot.
it is not unusual for me to visit the casket room and see what is the latest when I go by there.'
Between his job and mine we have plenty of stories.
I am so proud of you.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:23 AM

Congratulations on the job. You were wise to get the degree and now can have a second job. Not many would be able to do so.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:37 AM

Congrats & best of everything in all yo do. You will see a lot of experiences there
Old 12-23-2011, 09:40 AM

Congratulations! I too kept track of your schooling, great job!
Old 12-23-2011, 09:48 AM

Congratulations!
Thanks for taking us along on your experiences through school. You've done the hard work and we've enjoyed the stories. As 2012 starts off on a whole new journey, I'm sure to not be the only one looking forward to hearing about your new experiences.
Meanwhile, take a BREAK and enjoy the holidays.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:31 PM

Congratulations on your 2 new careers! So glad you persevered and landed the job you wanted.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
Congratulations!! I too followed some of your posts as you were going to school. Who knew you'd get not one, but TWO professions out of it! So happy for you and best wishes to you in BOTH of your new professions!
Me too! I am so happy for you. Best wishes for much success and happiness. Good Work!
Old 12-23-2011, 12:34 PM
Power Poster

Congrats on the new jobs Maride!! I watch all the CSI and NCIS shows all the time. Don't know if I could do that kind of job tho! LOL
Old 12-23-2011, 02:10 PM

So happy to hear you are back in the employment. Have a Merry christmas and a wonderful New year. 2012 looks bright and exciting for you. Congratulations!