Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What your favorite project you've ever done? >

What your favorite project you've ever done?

What your favorite project you've ever done?

Old 04-12-2013, 07:54 AM
Power Poster

What a novel idea. I'm sure she loves her one of a kind blanket.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:39 AM
Power Poster

so far it is a mystery quilt I did in a class. It is the only one to date that I have hand quilted
Old 04-12-2013, 11:46 AM

I really enjoyed making 14 lap quilts for Christmas a few years ago. I done machine embroidery blocks with each person's interest, cars, hunting ect, then quilted them all on the embroidery machine.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:54 AM

This is amazing. You did an terrific job and it looks like it fits really well over the withers.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:11 PM

The saddle pad is gorgeous on and off the horse.
I miss my hunt seat horse, he was a quarter horse who really surprised us at how well he went hunt seat.(vs western).
To answer your question, my favorite has to be the experimental baby quilt I am just finishing, very simple, but totally cute! Do we say "totally" anymore??
Off to the barn...pm chores. It is really cold here, the ole gal will be ready to come in to the barn.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:22 PM

I think each one is a favorite, but for different reasons.
My first quilt, because I got it finished (9 patch, hand pieced both sides, hand quilted)
My paper pieced halloween cat, because I learned paper piecing
My heart bargello, because I designed it, and made it for my parents' 60th anniversary
My lone star, because I learned about doing them with strip piecing, and it worked out well
The Volkswagen quilt I designed and made for my nephew's wedding
My rainbow quilt because I learned how to dye the fabrics, and the quilt shows them off.
The table topper I made last week because I learned something new.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:50 PM

My favorite was a quilt I made for my husband for our 45th wedding anniversary. He was very ill at the time and didn't remember my giving it to him. I packed it away and forgot about it. FOR TWO YEARS!! We were talking about our 45th anniversary and I remembered the quilt so I got it and gave it to him. It was a coverlet with 15 different hand designed and embroidered quilt with the different places we went to visit in the 45 years we were married. The center block was our home, family, little things that only meant something to us. In the lower right corner was an embroidery of the Little Brown Church in the Vale where we were married.

My husband passed away this past March 2nd and on his casket was the quilt that he loved. And now it is on my quilt rack. That is my favorite quilt. Edie
Old 04-12-2013, 04:40 PM

My favorite project was my granddaughter's whole cloth white wedding quilt, the Qeen Ann star. She loves it and all are in awe to see the hand quilting on it.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:08 PM

What a lovely and really special gift! Really beautifully done! I bet she's the envy of others in her events.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Edie View Post
My favorite was a quilt I made for my husband for our 45th wedding anniversary. He was very ill at the time and didn't remember my giving it to him. I packed it away and forgot about it. FOR TWO YEARS!! We were talking about our 45th anniversary and I remembered the quilt so I got it and gave it to him. It was a coverlet with 15 different hand designed and embroidered quilt with the different places we went to visit in the 45 years we were married. The center block was our home, family, little things that only meant something to us. In the lower right corner was an embroidery of the Little Brown Church in the Vale where we were married.

My husband passed away this past March 2nd and on his casket was the quilt that he loved. And now it is on my quilt rack. That is my favorite quilt. Edie
A lovely, lovely story. Thank you for sharing it.