Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is your favorite quilt that you have made? >

What is your favorite quilt that you have made?

What is your favorite quilt that you have made?

Old 04-14-2013, 05:13 AM

The first one is Carol Doaks 50 fabulous paper pieced stars that I did as a block of the week with a group on her. The second one is Hoopsisters Goosetracks. It still needs binding. The third one is a shop hop quilt. There are chrysanthemums embroidered on it. The third is an Erin Underwood optical illusion quilt. It is still a work in progress.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:16 AM

Big Red

I gave it to my oldest and dearest girlfriend. It was one of my first so not the best job. I plan to make another one some day, now that I am more experienced.
Attached Thumbnails 189199_1904543217522_7127806_n.jpg  
Old 04-14-2013, 05:54 AM

This is a fun post with so many beautiful quilts to drool over! I love simple quilts the best, the kind that can be used and enjoyed daily without worry. One of my most favorite quilts is nothing fancy just comforting and cozy. It's the most recent Ohio Star quilt I've pieced and hand quilted and drapes the back of our couch. [ATTACH=CONFIG]408024[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 2011_0221quilts0001.jpg  

Last edited by sewsher; 04-14-2013 at 05:58 AM.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
These are my current favorites. My next project will hopefully be one of Judy Neimeyers quilts. Either her Bali Wedding star or Mariners Compass. Not sure which one will be first. I have a couple of projects I have to finish first.
Pat
Love your quilts.. Especially the first and second one. I have always like the optical illusion quilts like the last one too.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:08 AM

I guess I would say whatever one I am working on at the time is my favorite. I do like the one I have on my bed though. After working on it for a year and having it on my bed in 2 different houses now I am still not bored with it so I guess its a good one.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...s-t209929.html
Old 04-14-2013, 06:11 AM

My favorite quilt pattern is "Something different". When I see something striking, I just have to make one like that...someday! I like geometrics that play tricks with your eyes especially.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:33 AM

My Avatar. Sorry can't figure out how to show photos.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:31 AM
Power Poster

JenniePennie what pretty quilts!

Here's my favorite! This one is mine.
Attached Thumbnails wild-thing-003.jpg  
Old 04-14-2013, 09:19 AM

My favorite quilt is one with farm scenes made for my (late) father-in-law. He got to enjoy it for a few years before he passed. When I gave it to him, he was so appreciative, and shared with me that his youngest sister had been very gifted in the sewing arts and had done quilts. When she passed, he would have liked to have had one of her quilts, but their mother gave everything away. Dad thought my small gift was beautiful...his words are still in my heart today. (I'll post a pic when I figure out how to do so. Thanks for your patience.)
Old 04-14-2013, 10:24 AM
Power Poster

I have two, one was a commission quilt for my girl friend when she built a log cabin home in TN. I'd seen a log cabin quilt on the cover of Traditional Quiltworks, and in the center was a large block with a log cabin with mountains behind, with a half border of flying geese. I did change the center block some, adding bushes, chimney with stone fabric and a stone walkway. It has a place of honor in her home hanging next to her 2 story stone fireplace. The second favorite is a blue/white Dresden plate I made for a family reunion quilt. With family members sending blue fabric, imagine my surprise when every piece of fabric I received was a bright blue, no large prints. I used the pattern from a book by Eleanor Burns, and I sure wish I had won that raffle, however, my brother that won the quilt told me that I would have to go some to top that quilt.