Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite quilt you made?

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries

What is your favorite quilt you made?

I just made a Civil War quilt and it's at the LAers right now and it's my all time favorite. Took forever to do it. Lots of piecing and points (and I didn't lose one point, unbelievable for me) and I think it's beautiful. It was hard for me but so worth it. It is a star within a star and there are 16 of them. What is your favorite quilt that you made and why?
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

Blog Entries
    Not very complicated, but love to make log cabin quilts.

Seems to always be the one that is currently in process. I am very fond of the Mariners compass one I made for my brother. All warm colors of reds oranges and yellows on a dark dark brown, that reads black, background and hand quilted with yellow varigated thread with tigers, dragons and mariners compasses and a cable in the outside border. That one was a true labor of love and even though I worked on it for 3 years I never tired of looking at it.

For looks, i love the Tennessee waltz pattern. For easy, i love the Double Slice Layer Cake pattern.
    A time to tear, And a time to sew;
    A time to keep silence, And a time to speak;

The next one. ;-)

My favorite is still the snowball quilt made with blues and whites.
    Holly

Asheville, Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs
    Blog Entries
    My first. A sampler which included a picture of our house. Still have it.
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.

Blog Entries
    Carpenter's Wheel in batiks. That one wanted to stay here. The current one with snowballs, nine patches and band of applique can't wait to leave.

My favorite quilt that I made was a 6 pointed star that was made from pieces that my Grandmother had cut out prior to her dying in 1945. There was an honor that I felt making it. When i finished it, I gave it to my Mom, who didn't even know these pieces existed because she was only 7 when her mother died.
    my name is becca and i'm a quilt-a-holic :-)

A simple queen quilt, 4.5 inch squares of all Kaffe Fasset fabrics, with a glorious Fasset border of purple and blue and magenta flowers. So bright and wild!

Usually the last one I finished.

A baby quilt I made for my DD's baby girl. I was a sampler in Mauve, Burgandy and white. I hand quilted the whole thing. DGD is now almost 21 and she's got it in her cedar chest for her first baby girl.
    Families are like old quilts....although they tend to unravel at times...each can be stitched back together with love.

I love to make applique baby quilts. I am currently working on an alphabet quilt.

I love almost all of mine, I get so attached, like they were children and it is hard to part with them. I think my recent most fav is a scrappy 16 patch diamond I did. Made my own pattern. Next is my floral log cabin.
    Jeanann

Theres nothing wrong with me a little chocolate won't fix.

It's a toss -up for me. I can't decide if my favorite is the Lone Star I hand quilted years ago, or the Pinwheels I recently made for my DD. I love them both for different reasons. :-)
    Wendy in VA

If I had a dollar for every time I got distracted I wish I had some ice cream.

My favorite will be the 2 t-shirt quilts I am making for my sons. I have 100 t-shirts total cut out and some great ideas for these...

This is the favorite top I've made. Probably because of the color. It's not quilted yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lord, please keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

my stain glass see avatar

Blog Entries
    I have made this quilt twice - same embroidered blocks, same varigated thread, same plaid fabric - but different machine quilting - one was just a pantograph and the other was hand-guided and followed the quilting lines printed on the blocks.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...dd-t52342.html
    Last edited by NikkiLu; 06-16-2012 at 06:55 PM.
    Nikki in MO

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Sews View Post
    Usually the last one I finished.
    Just how I feel.

Blog Entries
    I love all of mine too...everyone is a favorite...

How about if I can't decide? I seem to go thru "phases". Years ago I went thru a "Trip Around the World" phase. Then a "Dresden Plate" phase. I had a pretty serious "9-Patch" phase. Then more recently I went thru a "Yellow Brick Road" phase & now I'm in a "Jelly Roll Race" phase. So I seem to like those the best when Im in that phase. I also made a quilt from indigo reproductions fabrics for my niece's wedding (back in the 90's) that was then featured in Quilt magazine that was a favorite.
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

"Fireworks" by Kyoko Honda. Pattern was from QNM, April 2001. Hers was made from kimono silks, mine from orientals.

Coincidence: in the article about the WV man who won the quilt contest (there is a thread about that on QB), he shows a "Fireworks" quilt and says that it is his favorite, too.
    Anita

The only place that housework comes before quilting is in the dictionary.

Blog Entries
    That's like asking which child is your favorite. I think it is an unfair question. Each one of my quilts is my favorite for a different reason. Now, we may have a favorite technique.....

Blog Entries
    My first pieced quilt is my favorite - it was the easiest, but still the hardest. The title of the block was "Antique Tiles" from Quilter's Cache. Each block told a story of my life and the important people in my life. Each color or fabric design meant something. And then, I wrote a book on what each block meant and what each square in the block meant. For example, my state of Minnesota. I used fabric that was designed for Minnesota, the loon, the Ladyslipper, the pines, the Walleye, the deer and then for my Minnesota chapter in the book, I had the official Blueberry Muffin recipe, how Minnesota got its name, where I lived and things like that. So when I have passed this mortal coil, someone, somewhere will lay my quilt on the floor and with my book will learn absolutely everything about 9-11, Fourths of July, Echo Trail, Amana Calico, Waterloo, Wisconsin, 1936, 1938 (the years my husband and I were born). All of these blocks (35 of them) were designed around my family, my experiences, my grandkids, their hobbies, etc., it's all there. The book ended up to be around 135 pages, with pictures, what the weather was like when I was sewing the quilt, what the headlines of the day were, how the Twins were doing, what the Vikings were doing. When I die, in lieu of flowers, this quilt will be on my casket and then given to my granddaughter. I laughed, I cried, I so bonded with this quilt. Oh, yah, there are mistakes, but they are my mistakes. I don't think anyone could notice them but me, but it is my treasure, my quilt, my life, my favorite. My Memory Quilt. Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast