Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite quilt you made?

I love the winter wonderland quilt (pattern by crabapple hill). It's a combination of hand embroidered snowman and red and white pieced blocks. It makes me smile everytime I take it out for the season. My second favorite is the grandmother's flower garden quilt--always makes me think of my Grandma.

Blog Entries
    My favorite quilt is usually the one I am working on, but I do LOVE machine applique quilts.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenheron View Post
    Just how I feel.
    I'm with both of you. The most recent one I finished was my Uncle Sam Twister.

I definitely have favorites - and I do try to keep them (although I have a wish list of people who would like a quilt...) - my two are my black and white Think outside the Block by Toadusew - great spin on the log cabin - and my handpieced Celtci Illusions quilt by Karen Combs. I LOVE how she takes complex designs, redrafts them and makes them easy to piece.

Blog Entries
    Before string quilts were popular, I used strips from about 5 quilts my mom and I created together. That quilt is the sum of all the others, and I just enjoy the memories!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

you want to choose only one?

My mediallian quilt, only one of that type I have done so far.
    After 2 years with the same signature I have been requested to remove it. Bye

I still always love ""Trip around the World" and never get sick of making them.

It's a scrappy quilt called Queens Jewels. It's from a Leisure Arts book. I made one for me and then made one for my grandaughter for part of her high school graduation present. She loved it. She used it on her bed in college and still used it when she came home in May. She cherishes it.

My favorite changes-if I happen to see one of my grandchildren (7) using a quilt I made for them, or a quilt accidently in the background of a photo of one of them (they are spread around the country so photos are precious) then that quilt is my favorite for the day.
    Maire

The one I'm going to make with my husbands shirts. He passed away 8 1/2 weeks ago.
    I am a material girl. Wanna see my fabric collection?
    Kathy

Blog Entries
    SEWGRAY,
    This is a SUPER,SUPER quilt! Your choice of that intense purple is terrific!
    Quilter 68 who is now 69/and now 70

Finished a double wedding ring that my mother started about 20 years ago and didn't even get the first row sewed together. Mom was making it for my daughter so she is the one I gave it to when I got it done. My daughter was very surprised and loved it. I don't think I want to make another one soon.
    Lorraine

Sylvia's Bridal Sampler and Dear Jane

Blog Entries
    I think mine is one I made back in the early 90's shortly after Sadaam invaded Kuwait. It has a map of Kuwait with a circle around it with a slash through it and says, "Sadaam, Get Out". It is medallion style. I have the names of the 4 main people at that time, flags of all 28 nations involved, and in the border corners, I have painted cameras with CNN, ABC, CBS, & NBC. There was no Fox News Channel at that time. It has been shown in many quilt shows, mostly in California and Illinois. It is rather out of date now.

Dix
    Blog Entries
    My hubby has been active in Boy Scouts for 70 years! He has had made an impression on many young men. Two years ago there was a BSA quilt kit in Quilters World. I ordered it and made it for him. I even sent a picture to the magazine and it was published! He is 78 this year and still serves on various committes. Was Scout rep. for the United Methodist Conference of Oklahoma for 3 years!

I just had a hand in making it, I didn't do all the work. When my husband's grandma died, I 'inherited' a bunch of maple leaf blocks, some sewn in rows, some separate, all the sashing cut out plus a graph paper where she had drawn her plan of setting them diagonally. All this stuff was probably 40-50 years old
    I hope she didn't roll over in her grave, but I machine stitched it all together, according to her plan, and hand quilted in using the Big Stitch method. I'm sure her plan was to continue hand sewing and quilting it, but I am NOT a hand quilter.
    It's my favorite
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You know that feeling when you've finished all your quilting projects and your studio is perfectly clean???? Me neither.

It's not how fast you sew, it's how well you sew fast! Wait, I think that's supposed to be MOW!

I made an applique quilt from a Carol Armstrong pattern, with wild flowers and I quilted it by hand, it was a beautiful quilt I gave it to a friend for her wedding. I will make another one for myself someday!

My favorite quilt would have to be my very first one. I was so thrilled to have made a real quilt. I've always hated to sew, but quickly learned this was different. I felt the same way about quilting as I did about anything I created artistically. It's become "my art". What a sense of accomplishment to see that very first one all quilted and bound! It's still on my bed!
    Karen in Kentucky

my little heart quilt

this is my 3rd quilt and my favorite so far. the pattern is from "another by anita" and she gave me very good directions.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by dunster View Post
    The next one. ;-)
    I am with you on this!

Blog Entries
    Several years ago my DH and I designed a "life quilt" for him with some pieced and some appliqued and some pictures on fabric squares. I hand quilted it with a combination of 'quick stitch' and regular stitches and I was sooooo pleased when I was finally finished. As with all of my quilts, it needed washing when completed . . . . . . and the pictures all washed out! I was so disappointed and the quilt sat for a year or so until I got over it and rethought what to do. I finally revamped the quilt and in spite of all the problems I can honestly say it is my most favorite quilt!
    Judith

The best one I have made so far is a tie between slanted diamonds and frienship star. Both are easy and very pretty. One of these days I hope to get the nerve to make a log cabin and double wedding ring.

Blog Entries
    Dear Becca,
    This really took my heart! God Bless you, your Mother and Grandmother would both be so proud of you to think of finishing a quilt that was cut out so long ago. Every Mom or GrandMa, needs a Becca in their lives. What an honor you gave to your family! Grum from N.J.
    Grum from N.J.

It seems they're all my favorites when I work on them.

Blog Entries
    Dunster got it right...the next one! While I am working on a quilt, my mind is whirling about fabric choices, pattern selection, recipients, etc. for next quilt. I love all the planning and selecting. Anticipation!
    Create with joy in your heart!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast