Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • More About Irons - - >
  • More About Irons - -

• More About Irons - -

Old 09-04-2013, 04:53 AM

I, along with two of my quilting buddies, have the Reliable iron and absolutely love it!!! Heats up very fast, very hot and can be a dry iron. You have the choice to have it turn off or not. I asked for it for Christmas and glad I did!!!
    Old 09-04-2013, 04:59 AM

You can sometimes get a dry iron, no holes, at an antique store. My youngest daughter bought me one several years ago and it is great!
    Old 09-04-2013, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by dunster
    I've been using the V100 Digital Velocity Steam iron since my Rowenta broke. It has excellent steam, and I've been happy with it as a dry iron also. It's made so that it can't leak, and you can bypass the auto-shutoff mode. What's more, customer service has been excellent. I bought a reconditioned one and am very happy with it.
    I, too, use the V100 Digital Velocity Steam iron, and will never, EVER use anything else. Have had it for 3 years, it has never spit once, and the steam it produces is unbelievable! Well, well worth the price.
    Old 09-04-2013, 05:49 AM

bought 2 Rowentas that leaked and got too hot before very long---bought a Rowenta at a garage sale for a nickle---had "gunk" on the sole palte---th gunk fell of with my pen knife and it has been the greatest iron ever---who knew????
    Old 09-04-2013, 09:23 AM
    cmb

I love the Olisio iron...I originally purchased mine on line and after a couple of years it was not placed flat on the ironing board and it fell off...I replaced it with another one that after a while seemed to stop popping back up but I unplugged it and let it cool down and then it began working fine...several years ago I found them at the Christmas Tree Shop for $ 29.95 and purchased a couple of them for replacements...still have them in the boxes...a good back up is a Sunbeam with the extra long retractable cord that I purchased years ago at Walmart and sometimes still use...first choice would be the Olisio iron.
    Old 09-04-2013, 09:31 AM

After reading this discussion yesterday, I checked out the Vermont store and ordered the "Dry Iron" and today got a message from them that they are back ordered and should be sent out in the next 30 days...disappointed...but will wait eagerly to get it. Thank you to the person who suggested the store. I have ordered merchandise from them several times and have always been very satisfied.
    Old 09-04-2013, 09:51 AM
    Banned

This iron has two features that can go wrong. - the steam and the pop up stand. Both have happened to the 6 I have had. Not both at the same time of course. Often what looks good isn't. However there are apples and lemons in everything.
    Old 09-04-2013, 10:00 AM

I looked at a comparison on product reviews and they say the Black and Decker Iron is every bit as good as the Rowenta, I don't know about the others, but I bought the Black and Decker and love it. Its not a throw away, but I won't cry if it has to be replaced
    Old 09-04-2013, 10:04 AM

I bought a Continental dry iron from Amazon. Very reasonably priced and great for quilting. Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...2Cgarden%2C320
    Old 09-04-2013, 04:04 PM

Vermont Country Store has a dry iron that works well. It looks like a Black and Decker iron without the holes and is a heavy iron. It gets good reviews from quilters, too. I've had mine for years.