Snow/Slett and Ice Storm

Old 11-25-2013, 01:23 PM

Going b y The Almanac, this is supposed to be a cold, snowy Winter. The early start of cold temp's. is just a sample of what is to come, for most of the U. S. Mariah
Old 11-25-2013, 02:35 PM

Delaware isn't expecting to get near what the rest of you have been dealing with - that's good for us. Tomorrow night it's supposed to start raining with who knows what on Wednesday. We are right along the I95 corridor between Baltimore and Philadelphia and the difference of just a mile or two in the path of storms can make an enormous difference. Hope Wednesday AM is passable as I have to recover the plates from my totaled car (everyone OK - still, it's not good to be the filling in a four car pancake ) and sign the paperwork at the insurance company office. Now to look for another car I can afford and that will transport my foster beagles in the style to which they have become accustomed. Meanwhile I'm being chauffeured by my 87 yr old mother in her red Mustang fastback. Joyce and the pack car shopping on Black Friday weekend
Old 11-25-2013, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by JoyceHoopes
Delaware isn't expecting to get near what the rest of you have been dealing with - that's good for us. Tomorrow night it's supposed to start raining with who knows what on Wednesday. We are right along the I95 corridor between Baltimore and Philadelphia and the difference of just a mile or two in the path of storms can make an enormous difference. Hope Wednesday AM is passable as I have to recover the plates from my totaled car (everyone OK - still, it's not good to be the filling in a four car pancake ) and sign the paperwork at the insurance company office. Now to look for another car I can afford and that will transport my foster beagles in the style to which they have become accustomed. Meanwhile I'm being chauffeured by my 87 yr old mother in her red Mustang fastback. Joyce and the pack car shopping on Black Friday weekend
Glad everyone is ok. Hope everyone here on the board has a great and safe holiday.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:08 PM

Central NY got snow yesterday---quite cold (14*) forecast of freezing rain and snow for tomorrow.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:34 AM

Now here in UK weather forecast, cold could be below zero degrees, wind force 1-10 , thunder lightening, hot sun over 60 , sloppy roads with plenty of rain and snow and ice over other places.
In the UK WE HAVE A COMPLETE MIXTURE IN SUCH A SMALL PLACE. In a matter of 3 miles can go from heavy rain to sunshine. Oh my weather forecast comes from opening the curtains and looking although I think it will be cold today as the cat is in. She only comes in when it is below zero.
Love listening to the snow comments.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:49 PM

We are supposed to have maybe flurries overnight Tuesday night into Wednesday morning her in Alabama. It is the South, who knows here until it happens. When they tell us not to worry it is when we really need to worry. Hope everyone has happy, safe and blessed Thanksgiving Day!!!

Best Wishes,

Ladibug
Old 11-26-2013, 08:52 PM

aren't you lucky!!! wtg rosiewell!!!

Originally Posted by rosiewell
I feel almost guilty and I feel for all the members with frigid temps. Right now in the San Francisco Bay it's 68 degrees and 72 in the sun.